Bike Cleaning

Insane-Downhill

hose the worst of the mu off and then wipe the rest off.

I don't like using degreaser sort ofthings too much, because my freewheel doesn't have seals, or so I'm told. They can also contaminate your pads, or it did last time I used mine.

when i'm just doing a general clean i jet wash mine on the least powerful spray, then cover in dirtbike cleaner/muc off (muc off is a rip off lol, i get 25 litres of the same stuff for £30!!) then jet wash this off. You can cover everything with the muc off, chain, tensioner, freewheel etc, it gets all the shite of these too. I then leave to dry but dry the chain with a rag ad lub this an my levers and a few other bits with 3 in 1 oil.

i rarely clean my bike. eventually, the mud hardens and falls off.

on really muddy comps i might try and hose it off before taking it home, to spare me some of the cleaning.

some times i might wipe the bike off, when i'm taking something off or something.

dont run in the dirt, problem solved (Y)

and wax ***, and when my bike is dirty (never happens though :lol: ) i hose it and strip it down completly and wipe al dust and dirt off and then polish or wax it and build it all up together, thats why my bike looks like its new lol, i probobly spend more time cleaning than riding :lol:

Edited by Oskar

dont run in the dirt, problem solved (Y)

and wax ***, and when my bike is dirty (never happens though :lol: ) i hose it and strip it down completly and wipe al dust and dirt off and then polish or wax it and build it all up together, thats why my bike looks like its new lol, i probobly spend more time cleaning than riding :lol:

I end up doing this in the winter, because then it rains so I need something to do.

I also strip it whenever I am making some big changes to my spec, like last time I upgraded the bar/stem, headset, rear brake pads, booster, rear hose, rear booster and pedals. So I had to take most of the bike apart anyway.

Hose it down, dry it off with a leaf vac (on the blow setting :P ingenious) Petrol and Kitchen roll get any marks, dirt or dust off. Then a bit of Silicon Spray (Wurth) makes a barrier so it takes a good few weeks for it to get dirty again. Problem solved and the bike always looks gorgeous :D

Edited by JsyJoel93