Playstation 3 Usernames

Smo™

• 2 weeks later...
Buy an Xbox for online gaming. PS3 really needs to update.

I can't see myself buying any games for my PS3 until Killzone 2 comes out. Hopefully by then they will start to realise the current online experience is crap compared to Xbox.

what makes the xbox better for online gameplay ?

twat, i was looking for a decent answer

Firstly, go fuck yourself, take a joke.

Secondly, a) the 360 has a much better range of games on it's marketplace, b ) the number of people on XBL is much greater than the number of people on the PSN, c) the quality of connection is for the most part better on a Live connection, d) whilst I have to pay to use the gold Live service, it's a one off fee, but Sony give their game manufacturers the option to charge you a fee, to play one game, so you may decide one day to take your new game online but find you can't until you buy said subscription, as more and more manufacturers decide this is a fair idea, it's going to get even more expensive. And finally, how much hype do Sony need for stuff like Home, which is about the worst put together idea I have seen, calling it a beta doesn't excuse the lag and bugs you find everywhere.

Regarding c), I have had experience running both 360s and PS3s, wired and wireless, through various internet connection, and have always had lag. Whilst XBL isnt perfect, it's a damn site better.

Edited by Haz

Secondly, a) the 360 has a much better range of games on it's marketplace, b ) the number of people on XBL is much greater than the number of people on the PSN, c) the quality of connection is for the most part better on a Live connection, d) whilst I have to pay to use the gold Live service, it's a one off fee, but Sony give their game manufacturers the option to charge you a fee, to play one game, so you may decide one day to take your new game online but find you can't until you buy said subscription, as more and more manufacturers decide this is a fair idea, it's going to get even more expensive. And finally, how much hype do Sony need for stuff like Home, which is about the worst put together idea I have seen, calling it a beta doesn't excuse the lag and bugs you find everywhere.

Regarding c), I have had experience running both 360s and PS3s, wired and wireless, through various internet connection, and have always had lag. Whilst XBL isnt perfect, it's a damn site better.

i didnt want a joke, i didnt ask for one either, a serious answer is what i was looking for........ and now ive got one, thanks. =]

When I used to use XBOX live it wouldn't ever let me connect to any of my friends, and it only let my brother connect to a couple of his, it also refused to connect to any router at all properly until we forked out for the official XBOX 360 one and still it wont let my bro connect to any of his mates. So i basically forked out £15 for a month and he forked out £40 for a year and we had shit loads of problems, we can get online but only against like random Japs and Americans not anyone we know.

PS3, just plugged it in, chucked the internet settings in and was straight online, no problems, no lag and I can connect to everyone else with no problems and its FREE. I'll admit that home is fairly pointless and a bit crap but some people are into that sort of thing, its only like where you go out bowling with Roman on GTA 4, or playing the sims or whatever. And its no worse than the god aweful new dashboard thing on Xbox 360.

There is alot more players on live, for example, the other night on COD 5 there were like 146 thousand players were as on PSN there were only about 80,000

When I used to use XBOX live it wouldn't ever let me connect to any of my friends, and it only let my brother connect to a couple of his, it also refused to connect to any router at all properly until we forked out for the official XBOX 360 one and still it wont let my bro connect to any of his mates. So i basically forked out £15 for a month and he forked out £40 for a year and we had shit loads of problems, we can get online but only against like random Japs and Americans not anyone we know.

PS3, just plugged it in, chucked the internet settings in and was straight online, no problems, no lag and I can connect to everyone else with no problems and its FREE. I'll admit that home is fairly pointless and a bit crap but some people are into that sort of thing, its only like where you go out bowling with Roman on GTA 4, or playing the sims or whatever. And its no worse than the god aweful new dashboard thing on Xbox 360.

There is alot more players on live, for example, the other night on COD 5 there were like 146 thousand players were as on PSN there were only about 80,000

thats becuase there on home lol anyone played the redbull air race on there sooo fun !

Add onzatrip

cod 5 lbp gta4 cod 4 pain got 45 oddd games so ive prob got any game u looking for

what makes the xbox better for online gameplay ?

Firstly i have no problem with connections or lag while playing online. But, i do get a faster download speed on my PS3, the 360 take a good while to download 1gig demos.

Yeah 360 has to pay £3 a month and PS3 is free. But games that you have to pay to play online still apply with the 360.

Sony's Home is cool, it's funny to be perfectly fair. They're still updating so give it time. I have no problem with lag or found any bugs you speak of.

I've not experienced wireless connections and don't plan to. From hard research on routers it seems they all drop the connection once in a while so that kinda makes it useless for gaming.

Personally i feel the PS3 is far superior in many ways. But online Sony need to realise the 360 is better. You can join your mates games with a click of a button, find out where everyone is and even what style of game/ or map they're playing within that game! You can chat to your mates even if all 10 of them are on different games playing online or offline. No fussing and no messing. PS3 can't do this, your waiting and can't communicate well at all, no private conversations or anything like that.

So when Sony realise this an start updating with these key features, it WILL prevail as it's better in all other ways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...