Inch Pinching

JoNnY__Mc

I decided to take a tape measure to some hench gaps i was doing up to kerb, turns out i was doing about mid 6 ft, it's like, how the f**k did i ever make it (knew it was big as it's my bike and just under 2ft infront.

Feels good.

Really got some fat preload going on, was amaze.

Edited by Fat Pants

i can see why people would enjoy to measure things as it shows progression in that particular move or whatever......(providing its not the TF tape measure lol)

personally i never measure because i have no moves worth measuring. i gauge my riding in terms of control, accuracey and smoothness but most of all results! if i beat somebody i have never beaten before (in a comp) then i see improvement that way and then build on that by making sure i beat them every time etc etc aim for the top even if you think its not acheivable!

(Y)

if i struggle to make it,its obviously bigger than i can normally do.and if i struggle to do it,ill keep doing it till i get it smooth,then find another thing i struggle to do.sod the tape,and for all the people that care about measuring,you probably losing a few mm anyway,cos tapes arent always acurate.the metal bit on the end wobbles about,and can be anything up to 5mm out :P

Carl

I think the most accurate thing I've used to measure stuff is my head height... don't really like the tape measure philosophy, it's not about numbers. Surely if it was, everything would just be easier for tall people?

I'm more interested in how stuff feels really, not about the actual size of what I'm doing.

I think the most accurate thing I've used to measure stuff is my head height... don't really like the tape measure philosophy, it's not about numbers. Surely if it was, everything would just be easier for tall people?

I'm more interested in how stuff feels really, not about the actual size of what I'm doing.

Nope it dosent work like that unfortuanetly

I usually use my body length by lying in gaps, im about 6 foot, but dont use it to measure the size of it just weather i think i can make the gap or not, and i know my bars about 38-39" so like a pallet over bar is like 41-42 e.t.c. so yea i know i can go about like 5" over bar and a lil bit more than my body length.... so need to know any more

i do what you do.

except i use my feet to measure gaps as they happen to be exactly a ft long.

I think its pretty ignorant people saying its silly and it takes the fun out of riding, I cant think of a sport that doesn't rely on numbers in much the same way. Its nice to see how big your going, and how much youve improved.

Anyone who doesnt inch count would probably make a tap for example, the go find a wall that looks bigger to practise. same difference.

,you probably losing a few mm anyway,cos tapes arent always acurate.the metal bit on the end wobbles about,and can be anything up to 5mm out :P

Carl

its like that for a reason for measuring internals of things to compensate for the thickness of the clip so it wont be out because of that :)

Paul

would it be right to say that if your local town had a loading bay sloping from 3ft up to 6ft, then the majority of the riders on tf could stay there forever for 50% of their moves and never need to ride anywhere else at all? :blink:

Where is this wall you speak of? Who wants a group ride?