The New And The Old Hs33

Most people seem to prefer the stiffness of the old (pre 2005) lever but I have the new one with an echo lever blade and it is great. I didn't like the standard blade due to the shape but with the echo blade it is great. Full Echo brake is another option...

I changed back to my 04 few days ago... fed up of re-bleeding my break every week. It is way better than my 05 break was.

Also While bleeding mine in the bath I noticed that it took half the time to bleed the 04 break (get all the air out).

Towler.

Mravka starata race line we ko se 4udi6 tolkova :D

Funnily enough I was thinking exactly the same... :huh:

I ran the old style ones for a good 6+ years before getting one of the newer style ones. I Broke a lever body on the older style and also went through numerous TPA's. However function was always top notch and lever was comfortable. The newer style ones felt very similar powerwise and feel to me. I did however manage to break a TPA on one of them too... What I would say is that when you break a magura, the material looks similar to an Aero chocolate bar- full of bubbles and just seems very poor grade and badly cast.

I haven't tried a Dengura but Sam Wheeler was raving about his on the DJ ride.

Dave

There isn't much difference between them, i prefer the look of the older generation but the newer version will have more available spares if something goes wrong. to be honest as long you set it up properly and get a set of descent pads then its all good.

i always used to kill the old tpa's, not had any problems with the new brake, but i have to admit the old levers feel nicer, the brake felt great with the magura cnc lever and a good water bleed...reall stiff and solid with a good booster!

I've still got the old ones, still going strong. They seem very efficient, but as has been said, the TPAs tend to die, and the standard Magura bolts (even with the new maggies) will always round off <_< So whatever you get, if I was you I would buy some decent bolts from elsewhere that fit, and bolts rounding off should not be an issue.