Apollo X Rated ?

Adam-Griffin

A mate of mine is looking for a front disk and he said he used to own an appolo x rated and the front brake on that was great , i just went on halfords website buit it doesent say what it qwas any ideas on name and rotor size would be apreciated !

Adam

Hopefully this is a joke. The front brake on those bikes is terrible. Tell him to stop lying to you and go buy a front brake worth more than 50p. For the record the rotor is 160mm.

Hopefully this is a joke. The front brake on those bikes is terrible. Tell him to stop lying to you and go buy a front brake worth more than 50p. For the record the rotor is 160mm.

i told him that but he wasent having any of it lol (hes only a begginer) cheers anyway though!

Adam

The x-rated* had the alloy frame and disk brake and better wheels than the std x rated. I presume that is what he is refering to.

it has a tektro mechanical disk brake, using a 160mm rotor.

Tell him a shimano deore hydro is about £60, and will be even better!

Ha ha, a Halfords argument, the Tektro IO isnt on the x rated bikes, the x rated uses a far smaller, less adjustable caliper. Also the Tektro IO's are shite, always telling the customer the'll bed in nicely, but they never do, ha ha!

It used to use the IO, maybe they downgraded to save money.

All of halfords sub £200 bikes with the exception of a couple. Are shit and have shit components. There shit to work on and all you get back from the customers is shit. Not worth the hastle.

I once rode an X Rated, for one small jump. After that jump, the front wheel had buckled, the frame had bent, back brake didn't work, and the front wasn't any good anyway.

Motto of the story.

DON'T BUY FROM HALFORDS!

but I'm a bad example :P

I once rode an X Rated, for one small jump. After that jump, the front wheel had buckled, the frame had bent, back brake didn't work, and the front wasn't any good anyway.

Motto of the story.

DON'T BUY FROM HALFORDS!

but I'm a bad example :P

actually the moral of the story is dont buy crap bikes and expect them to handle jumps! you get what you pay for...

actually the moral of the story is dont buy crap bikes and expect them to handle jumps! you get what you pay for...

Wasn't my bike, so I don't care.

The person got their money back, and a replacement Sarrisen... which is probably worse :P