Hayes Stroker

Hayes have just released a new Hydro disc brake .

The lever looks much more adjustible that the old flip/flop one.

It is avalible in 3 incarnations:

Ryde , Trail , Carbon.

And takes Rotors between 140mm and 224mm.

:

StrokerRyde_MC2.jpg

StrokerRyde1.jpg

I think the caliper looks just like the hfx 9 and other hfx's And the lever looks good in my opinion.

What are your thinking about this Hot or Not?

Leo

Edited by Mod Man Leo

Hayes have just released a new Hydro disc brake .

The lever looks much more adjustible that the old flip/flop one.

It is avalible in 3 incarnations:

Ryde , Trail , Carbon.

And takes Rotors between 140mm and 224mm.

:

StrokerRyde_MC2.jpg

StrokerRyde1.jpg

I think the caliper looks just like the hfx 9 and other hfx's And the lever looks good in my opinion.

What are your thinking about this Hot or Not?

Leo

the lever looks like the same piston design as a magura (vertical pistons..)

doubt it would be any good for trials though (well maybe the 224mm disc)

That thing looks wicked, all nicely cureved and fluid looking in design, as if it were alive with its muscular clamp tensed around the bars.

I like.... a lot.

The calipers have always been good, easily adjustable, solidly built, strong enough to fend of being hit on rocks and trees, the only downside before was the unusal lever shape... which has now been addressed. Well done Hayes, i'll be having one shortly for the dirtjumper :D

Get a Hope, better quality,amazing feel and MADE IN ENGLAND!!

I'm not so convinced by Hope... ok so I run front and rear on my Monty but... I still prefer my old Hayes HFX 9 that I used to run. I've always found Hope quality to be rather shoddy, especially the levers- rattly with loads of play. Only down side of the Hayes was that bleeding was quite a hassle.

Dave

The lever is the same kind of design as Formula levers, but the brake over all looks nice, but Im not sure on the preformance of the brake, but I see Hayes brakes as a downhill/frreeride/dirt jump brake, I have never thought of using a hayes brake as a trials brake!

That break is really nice, please explain how it can take different size rotors? :)

Basically the calipers are identical on all size disk. the size of the disk is its total diameter and had advantages for the varying sizes, bigger = more stopping poser, smaller = less likley to hit... stuff like that, then just to fix a different size disk you just use an adapter to bring it away from your forks more

saying that you might even be able to get one of the deng lever blades on it??????

WHY on earth would you even think about it? chances are it wouldnt a a deng lever blade is like 35quid....

WHY on earth would you even think about it? chances are it wouldnt a a deng lever blade is like 35quid....

just saying they might be compatable, and also why do you think you would want one on there it would look smart, it would be more powerfull, also you would be able to have a tpa for on the go adjustment. need any more reasons???

the same reason loads of people have changed there lever blades on magura's !

the same reason loads of people have changed there lever blades on magura's !

I'm pretty sure the majority of people change their lever blades because deng makes fancy coloured parts, your reasons dont add up. You may get 7% more leverage with a deng blade but that means you have to move the lever more to get the same pad movement as a normal magura lever blade would give. Secondly people don't change their lever blades to get on the fly adjustment with deng's TPA, because they do infact already have a TPA on a normal magura lever. So your paying 25 quid, which is a fair bit of money for something that basically looks nice. Surely anyone in their right mind would choose functionality over looks?

Edited by Scopse

I'm pretty sure the majority of people change their lever blades because deng makes fancy coloured parts, your reasons dont add up. You may get 7% more leverage with a deng blade but that means you have to move the lever more to get the same pad movement as a normal magura lever blade would give. Secondly people don't change their lever blades to get on the fly adjustment with deng's TPA, because they do infact already have a TPA on a normal magura lever. So your paying 25 quid, which is a fair bit of money for something that basically looks nice. Surely anyone in their right mind would choose functionality over looks?

the point you raise is true you do get tpa on a normal magura, but the other 2 points still stand with a magure as well, just that you was asking why you would change the lever blade on this brake so 1 point was that you would have a tpa to adjust on the move :P

and correct many people buy for the fact that they look good but that is a rason as well, the same as the hope mini has coloured levers carbon fibre levers, coloured bolts etc, some people have money to spend on pimping there bike.

but hey lets not forget one of these levers might not even work :blink:

so lets no clog up a thread,

brake looks good and probably is an ok brake?

Edited by rwiley