Marino Bike Frames ?

Adam-Griffin

Right i just spoke to the man from marino bikes in peru or wherever (people may have seen his work in the bike pics thread ) i was just wondering if i could intrest any one else to get them as shipping will be cheaper in bulk he said it was roughly 30$ a frame and 60$ shipping so i thought it would be easier and cheaper to order in bulk. He does stock and mod and from what ive seen and heard they are pretty resilient , longlasting and light ! if any one is intrested then either post in here or PM me also if any one wants some pics i can speak to him and arange pics of a frame with the same/similar geomatry to the frame which you would like if i was to go through with this i would want to order in about 35-80 frames cheers for your tyime people !

Adam

Seems a very good idea, but i think theres a few questions that may need striaghting out. What will happen about the distribution to all the buyers once there in the country how will it all take place. Does the guy tap the bb thread? as ino hes doing things on a budget and its not a cheap tool. Is it custom geo or not? I can see problems with once there in the country who will sort the distribution out and making sure the right person gets the right frame, and that people are taking a chance with other people with there money 2 people aswell if we are to go through you. Cant think of anymore questions at the moment.

Fecking hell, even if you payed the full $60 for the postage that's still like 45 quid, plus vat and import charge that's still only 60 quid!

If he can get some more info about them on here he'll sell loads at that price. haha, bloody should anyway!

Fecking hell, even if you payed the full $60 for the postage that's still like 45 quid, plus vat and import charge that's still only 60 quid!

Probably about the price deng frames come into the country as, as well.....

this only an idea as im not sure one distribution etc and wouldent want to rip any one off so if i do go a head then i will probably write a list of the people intrested , adress and i will ask him to write a serial number or something on every frame and they will have there serial number written next to there name on the list and a courier or something will be arranged at the moment there is many holes in my idea that need to be filled so untili get in touch with the bloke again this is all i have to say lol also i would thought it would be an idea to get a partner or something as im not sure i can do it on my own lol

Adam

Ive noticed from that pic there doesnt seem to be any bb thread, does he do it or are we expected to do it ourselves when we get the frame.

How you can tell from that out of focus picture is beyond me, but if I had to make a choice I'd say the lighter colour towards the end's of the inside are threads....

edit: I suppose it could just be paint actually......

Edited by jake1516