Hampshire Round 3

Gandalf the Yellow

the video is here, it was an alright day

my arm was in a sling so i didn't ride and just took some clips and a few photos. found HERE!!

and the link to video is HERE

sorry for eengoedidee, don't have another account, if you want to upload it elsewhere then feel free to do so.

comments please

steve

That looks like a shite venue, the trial looks nowhere near as good as tyke trial comps i do. For a start off tyke trial actually get venues where you can use rocks in the sections not riding over a log and hoping up banks. Wouldn't pay a penny to ride a venue like that.

That looks like a shite venue, the trial looks nowhere near as good as tyke trial comps i do. For a start off tyke trial actually get venues where you can use rocks in the sections not riding over a log and hoping up banks. Wouldn't pay a penny to ride a venue like that.

Welcome to the south...

Yeah, you ride what's available. To be fair to the HBTC, we have a good and varied selection of venues, some like that (which is still surprisingly fun to ride) through rocky and semi man made venues to full on rock quarry's we get use of. I personally prefer nice rocky sections but have learnt to love the more slippery stuff and am finally starting to get the hang of evil muddy banks!

Dave

i have to agree, (no disrespect to anyone who runs hampshire biketrials etc but there ws a big 2/3 day ymsa uci on this weekend where everyone camped etc, why not go to that and have a national level venue? Fair doos though, aslong as you lot enjoyed yourselves.
I have been known to compete at Hampshire comps aswell as Devon and YMSA. In general the venues for Hampshire comps are more basic and limited but the comps themselves are always very fun with a relaxed atmosphere. The competitions are also run to the exact same standard as another of the clubs I have visited.

Not having a go at you either but I could ask the same question to many people that attend the YMSA competitions, why do they not travel to the Hampshire comps? Why don't they travel to ride the Devon competitions which have extremely good 'national level venues' as well? Also why was a UCI event at a 'national level venue' run on the same day as a Hampshire competition? It all boils down to the fact that a very high percentage of riders are still reliant on lifts from others as they are not old enough to drive themselves. So many trials riders are limited to the clubs closest to them!

Back on topic, HAHA Stephen fell into that stream :D

I have been known to compete at Hampshire comps aswell as Devon and YMSA. In general the venues for Hampshire comps are more basic and limited but the comps themselves are always very fun with a relaxed atmosphere. The competitions are also run to the exact same standard as another of the clubs I have visited.

Not having a go at you either but I could ask the same question to many people that attend the YMSA competitions, why do they not travel to the Hampshire comps? Why don't they travel to ride the Devon competitions which have extremely good 'national level venues' as well? Also why was a UCI event at a 'national level venue' run on the same day as a Hampshire competition? It all boils down to the fact that a very high percentage of riders are still reliant on lifts from others as they are not old enough to drive themselves. So many trials riders are limited to the clubs closest to them!

Back on topic, HAHA Stephen fell into that stream :D

fair doos, i mentioned the uci part because before ymsa was set up everyone moaned they wanted a uci championship in this country, now they have one they dont bother to support the club or championship, i also thought most riders would bother to travel the extra distance as this was quite a large event (2/3 dayer). But fair enough, everyone to their own. cheers-Hugh

fair doos, i mentioned the uci part because before ymsa was set up everyone moaned they wanted a uci championship in this country, now they have one they dont bother to support the club or championship, i also thought most riders would bother to travel the extra distance as this was quite a large event (2/3 dayer). But fair enough, everyone to their own. cheers-Hugh

hugh your obbsessed with ymsa and uci lol

hugh your obbsessed with ymsa and uci lol

or maybe i'm trying to get more entries for the ymsa, with all the crap thats happened with competitions recently it seems that those who were willing to compete before now no longer can be bothered and i'm trying to make them aware that ymsa has nothing to do with it and they deserve alot of support from riders.

Stupid, thick little boy.

Stupid, thick little boy.

Yea go Jamie!!

For a lot of people in the South, this is the best comps we have around. Im not going to drive 3-4 hours to attend a comp just because it has better rocks, so its nice to have a local series, 30-40 mins down the road.

Edited by Andy@NBR

andy, agreed!!

and not everyone who rode the hampshire comp wanted to ride the ymsa.

majority of the forum might have, but hampshire is a small part of the country. you're just assuming everyone wanted to support/ride ymsa.

anddd personally i think hampshire comps is an excellent venue for comp newbies especially the younger local trials riders it gets them into the sport.

yer thats fair enough, i didnt want to kick off a massive argument or anything, i agreed with the lad who said the venue wasnt great but i wouldnt call it a waste of time n all that crap. I think it's good that your supporting your local club and it's great to have a club that close to you who are obdviously organising fun comps. keep supporting them people, just wanted to maybe encourage some more people to attend ymsa so they can do a bit of everything. Thanks-Hugh

or maybe i'm trying to get more entries for the ymsa, with all the crap thats happened with competitions recently it seems that those who were willing to compete before now no longer can be bothered and i'm trying to make them aware that ymsa has nothing to do with it and they deserve alot of support from riders.

Hugh you sound a very stressy man loool!!!

Anyway nice video!

• 9 months later...

they way i look at it is that its not about what you have to ride its how you ride what you have got

so before you go and disrespeect someones comps and venues take into consideration if that all you had you would still ride it.

i thought it looked well good for the not so good riders or for the ones who want to just get into comps

dec