Freewheel Stuck On Cranks

Clarky

hi, ive took the cranks to bikeshop to try and get it off and they have had no luck with long bar pretty pissed off as the eno is for sale and the cranks are new and i dont fancie buying new cranks seeing as im skint from buying a king.Any ideas on how to get it off, i have tried belting it with hammer and screwdriver, is it normal thread so anticlockwise undoes it right??? should i buy the tool and try it myself with a big bar or what, ive tried penetrating spray.

A freewheel thread is a normal thread jason so it unscrews anticlockwise. No point trying it your self if you dont have a vice for a start off which i dont think you have do you. So buying the tool would be a waste of money.

I'm a beast at getting freewheels off. get the tool and a vice and you can do it.

I'd like you to have had a go at my try-all on monty cranks. a 4 ft steel bar on the end of a socket oblted onto the freewheel and me and a big 15 stone farmer on the end didn't move it.

The farmer ended up bringing down hir compressed air hammer drill thing, stuck a socket on that, it hammered away for few seconds and then the freewheel started to unscrew, if you have access to that sorta thing, use it, but I think mine was a bit of an extreme case.

Try going to a tyre garage maybe and see if they have a socket big anough to fit your tool? they will have the comprseed air drill jazz....

When you pedal or engag the freewheel, it is tightening, so to remove it you turn it the same direction as the driveshell move when it clicks....

Edited by jake1516