Crip Walking.

Alan

I have no idea.

Probably because when I read it immediately thought of the christians who would draw the fish in the sand with thier feet, and if they were talking to another christian, they would place a eye on the fish. Which made it harder for the Romans to find 'em.

Or something. :ermm:

I have no idea.

Probably because when I read it immediately thought of the christians who would draw the fish in the sand with thier feet, and if they were talking to another christian, they would place a eye on the fish. Which made it harder for the Romans to find 'em.

Or something. :ermm:

Christians used to draw a half arc with there foot in the sand when meeting somebody, if the other person was a Christian also they would complete the drawing of the 'fish' with another arc.

Due to the ambiguity of the simple arc the 1st person could no be singled out as a Christian, therefore not prosecuted witch was the reason for the symbol in the 1st place.

The 'fish'...

ichthus.jpg

Cheers, Rorz!

Ive heard about the origins of it etc but im just interested in the 'Dancing' aspect of it, Not walking round in a gang thinking in 'big and hard' When you can do it it does look good, and amazes alot of people because when they try it it just doesn't happen, Black people that do it seem to have natraul flow whereas when you see white people doing its not as flowing, Theres a video on google from london, and a white kid called GoSu is pretty good at it, Obviously i wouldn'y just walk down the road doing it but doing it in clubs etc people always get a crowd!

I had forgotten all about this threadand was on my profile and remebered it haha didn't think it would get this many replys, I can do some basic breakdancing moves but i find it really difficult where im a lanky f**ker so its hard to keep my legs balanced whilt on my arms and i get cramp really easily in the backs on my thighs so that always ruins moves, But becuase you do not have to go onto ur hands/knees/head etc for crip walking i think it would be better for me, and one of my other mates wants to try it out aswell so we can have little battles haha After i practice for a little while it gets me out of breath and knackered so i can see it really improving my fitness if i keep doing it regulalary.

Wow what a load of bollocks you get from people in the early hours :D Well i hope you all reply again in the morning, Alan x

P.S: I don't see how so many people can like that thing fat pants posted up when it looks even more stupid!

Problem with crip walking and it being cool in clubs is that the moves aren't very big, it's all techy so i don't think you'd get the same croud as a break dancer, maybe learn both. And you're far from lanky you lanky fanny.

People love the vids i posted because they're different, the music was probably completely unheard of to them.

davey if you hate dancing why read on a dancing thread :\ also crip walking can look good as well as guys dancing can look good its just a shame you cant dance yourself or you would realise its good for alot of people physically aswell as mentally so dont hate those who can,

Who said you had to like a subject to comment on it? Someone started a thread about racism, loads of people hate racism but they still commented, what's your point Luke? Also who said I can't dance? Have you ever seen me try? As it happens I can, I get told I'm pretty good too, until the missus steps in and scares the girls off :ermm: I'm just not a fan of dance as a discipline in the more solo sense. Also who said I hate people who dance? If I were to say that I'd be alienating a rather large proportion of the human race, almost all of it in fact, so it's unlikely isn't it, don't just make wild accusations because that's just silly! I said I hate people who kill each other for no good reason, or try and act hard, and I said this particular form of dance looks particularly wank, those were two seperate statements, not combined in any way!!!!

Dont just flame me for no good reason, that's just not nice!

PS: I still love you so it's ok :)

Davey

Who said you had to like a subject to comment on it? Someone started a thread about racism, loads of people hate racism but they still commented, what's your point Luke? Also who said I can't dance? Have you ever seen me try? As it happens I can, I get told I'm pretty good too, until the missus steps in and scares the girls off :ermm: I'm just not a fan of dance as a discipline in the more solo sense. Also who said I hate people who dance? If I were to say that I'd be alienating a rather large proportion of the human race, almost all of it in fact, so it's unlikely isn't it, don't just make wild accusations because that's just silly! I said I hate people who kill each other for no good reason, or try and act hard, and I said this particular form of dance looks particularly wank, those were two seperate statements, not combined in any way!!!!

Dont just flame me for no good reason, that's just not nice!

PS: I still love you so it's ok :)

Davey

you worry too much :-p

a simple "f**k you" works just as good for a reply ;)

How cool is that, someone's actually put a post about Crip Walking.... lmfao!

Yeah i can do it! - Love doing it a club full of black people, as i'm white they give me bad respect! - i have to be drunk to do it though!

Word up,

Keep it Locked, Keep it loaded, Keep it Gangsta People! (Y)

so your saying only black people can crip walk??

I think he means the whole, Black person in avatar, 'Am i riding dirty? below it, the username 'Ghetto Rider' ,The finishing bit of you post "Keep it Locked, Keep it loaded, Keep it Gangsta People!" Sounds like your trying to be black....But mehh i couldn't care less, As long as you happy!

Gte a video of you doing it mate!

ive got a feeling the guy above me is a wigga.

Haha, my thoughts exactly, no offence Ghetto Rider, I mean Eminem is one and he's a lengend so it's not a bad thing. But then again he actually lived in a ghetto.... not Abingdon, which I don't think really counts :P More likely to see morris dancing than crip walking there!

Davey

Edited by Davey

I think he means the whole, Black person in avatar, 'Am i riding dirty? below it, the username 'Ghetto Rider' ,The finishing bit of you post "Keep it Locked, Keep it loaded, Keep it Gangsta People!" Sounds like your trying to be black....But mehh i couldn't care less, As long as you happy!

Gte a video of you doing it mate!

He said "word up" :lol: thats all you needed to say :P

Yeah, but there's a reason we respect Davey, and it's cos he doesn't just go "f**k you". >_<

Ha ha, chris gets enough respect from me, his posts are funny as f**k and he says what he wants... none of this joining like a load of sheep most people do. You'll read a bike pics thread and someone says somethings good, and about 20 people will say its good, but then as soon as one person says its shit... everyone else does. Whats the point in having a fourm when people are like that?

Notice how davey and chris both speak their mind and are the only two to have had a genuine and lengthy discussion in this thread, rather than "This really doesn't help the "white guy have no rhythm and can't dance" stereotype." kind of posts (not picking on you philth, just using you as an example).

Edited by Krisboats

• 10 months later...
thats like saying anybody who can drive can be a race driver

Well, to be fair, that's actually true. Anyone (with enough funds behind them) can be a race driver. They might not be a Lewis Hamilton but it certainly wouldn't stop you trying. I'd also say that there's a lot more skill involved in riding a trials bike well than hopping around (on your feet) like a numpty. As has been said, I'd hazard a guess that the only people who can make this look less than stupid would be muscular black guys in baggy troo's and possibly lots of gold jewellery... Just my opinion as someone who can't dance worth a shizz (and doesn't ever want to be able to) and gets angry at those annoying celebrity dance shows :P