Echo Brakes Anyone Tryed Them?

Balman

i tried two peoples today, one with just the echo lever and one full rear echo brake, they were both awesome. very stiff and strong, nice feel too. but apparently the zoo one soon will be better as it wont have a tpa but bolts on the calipers for pad adjustment, which is 107864762348576234 times easier to set up i imagine

naa i aint tryed dem i but i think theyre s**t cos theyr echp , rubbish copys of maguas

vinz

You're an idiot.

Might aswell ask something lol, How long have they been tested for? I think Tunni got one like 2 months ago? and surely he is one of the main testers? So how long have they actually been tested for?

Edited by manxrider

I've ridden mine for about a month now. They feel really good and do have more power than my regular hs33 even with an echo lever on it. I'm also running echo pads instead of rock pads now. They have a really nice look to them and the narrower slave cylinders are clever too. My only real complaint is that the lever doesn't fit my finger all that well. It's got a pretty square profile, similar to an avid vbrake lever. I'm sure some people will like that feel more than others, but I've managed to get used to it. But bottom line its more powerful so I don't really know what else there is to say.

Dave

naa i aint tryed dem i but i think theyre s**t cos theyr echp , rubbish copys of maguas

vinz

sorry. who, are you? and how did you get validated by making comments like that. very constructive...............

silly thing to ask, but i guess the lever blades are interchangeable with the other deng lever blades on sale?they look the same. or is the shape of the blades all the same and so making the whole swapping them a lil pointless?

does any one have any pics of the zoo brake, more importantly the pad adjustment on the slaves?? and has anyone heard anything about the other magura alternative that was designed by the guy with the custom ti frame?? from about the same time as the echo brakes were announced? they had a a bolt on the slaves, but if i remember rightly that was for easy repair somehow......

edit:spelling

Edited by curly_freak

I'm pretty sure Ash is talking about the ZHI prototype brake. Theres pictures of it in This topic of the Titanium framed bike.

Joey B

EDIT:

vinz

Do you have any idea what a twat you sound like. Think before posting next time. (Y)

Edited by fugigas

I'm pretty sure Ash is talking about the ZHI prototype brake. Theres pictures of it in This topic of the Titanium framed bike.

I seriously don't get how that brake works. I get the idea behind the bolts apposed to a tpa, but a tpa pushes the piston in, whereas that one, you push the pads in down at the slave cylinders, so surely itll pull the piston in an because theres no sort of TPA your levers going to feel horrible. Like you'll have a loada lever pull doing nothing before you get to the piston then you'll be braking. If anyone understands what I mean?

I wish someone would design a magura lever etc to have a lever clamp like hope or hayes, so much easier to do and saves taking grips off.

this was mentioned when the echo brakes were being tested, split clamps are the way forward, its just soooo much easier than taking your grips of and stretching them all the time!

this was mentioned when the echo brakes were being tested, split clamps are the way forward, its just soooo much easier than taking your grips of and stretching them all the time!

Agreed, i hate having to take my grips off and put them back on. Once again though does anybody know if those adaptors for the rear chain stay that give you disk mounts are avaliable at online trials shops or are they a bodge that has to be made?

Rorz!