Echo Brakes Anyone Tryed Them?

Balman

I no some of the sponserd riders have the new echo or zoo or gu and what have you brakes and i was just wondering what people think of them i no alot of people dont like them but im thinking more to the point of they dont like the large price take but the real Question is do they die as easy as magguras as i have killed a fair few maggies not knocking ether just after some opinons or reliablity and preformance if you take away the money they are charging for better pads and cnc everything and clamps they wouldnt be far off the magguras in price so what do you think?? Whos tryed them? What do you think of them worth having a look or avoid completely. This isent to turn it to a moan and slag of deng thred its just looking into the new brakes :)

Thanks Jack (Y):)

They're ok, i tried Chais' yesterday and the feel is ok, i'm pretty sure he had oil in them, so they felt rather sluggish, but they still hold brilliantly on a smooth rimm (anodised) That's probably the pads doing though.

If i was buying a new bike and making it decent i might just get a set.

yea smooth rim red pads.. horrible in the wet though.

as for the denguras... i am impressed, much easier to pull comfortable.. feels similar to the RB lever i have... (i havnet tried the 05/06 maguras) looks and feels like a very good build, but, i have heard the pressed in pins fall out.. not happened to me yet, but i am sure even if that does happen there would be in harm in replacing the pin with a small bolt.. which wouldn't exactly compromise much either. brakes also seem much more powerful then the maguras, although that might just be me using better brake pads :S i am not sure they do feel alot more powerful to me though.

Very impressed :)

still bit pricey though!

People complain about the price but dont forget your getting better mounts than a magura, better pads, better lever and braided hosing, you dont get ANY of that standard with a magura - let alone it being good quality.

Also the newer shape magura leavers as we all know are useless :/

Yer, I've got one and I love it compared to my maggie. It just seems to clamp the rim tighter with less effort than the maggie. I'm running Zoo! pads with tar at the moment as i haven't got round to grinding my new rim yet. Will put some Ali C Joypads in CNC'ed backings on when the grind is done.

Does anyone know if they are still OK to bleed with water?? As in no different metals, that will corrode or rust, are used??

I got a pair, I was a bit weary about swapping from a vee as I havnt used a hydro rear brake for a year now.

First impressions are very good, lovley finnish great tolerences (imagine a hope maggie and you wont be far off!), it was easy as pie to setup, all the hose fittings are m6, so you only need the one spair type, no m8 and olives!

The leverblades are a tad square for my liking, but its not so bad.

Once on the bike the attention to detail shone through. The way the hose leaves the lever is great, it would be VERY hard to knock and split it. The calipers are LOADS smaller than maggies, the extra clearence is amazing.

I bled mine with water and it was super smooth and easy to pull.

Like I said, its been over a year since I have used a maggie, I found maggies have loads of bite but not much hold, unfortunatly I consider hold as the most important aspect to a brake which is why I love vees so much. The Echo brake seemed to mimick a maggie in both bite and hold, suffice to say I have now stuck the vee brake back onas it just suits my style more.

I dont really have any bad things to say about the echo brake, it is a bit exspensive, but you do get cnc clamps and blades as well as half decent pads, I could imagine a hope virsion would cost more.

To sum it up.....If you like the way magies work, then these brakes are great! It solves all the problems maggies have and is lighter, cant be bad?

well i was really expecting some unfair coments but it seems that not much at all is bad about the echo brakes and im sure if we put a post asking people what has gone rong with there maguras it would be pages and pages long admitedly yes more people have them and have for a longer amount of time compared to the deng brakes but if its a improvment i might well look into geting one as said its pretty pimp and there is not much more i would like to do to my bike any more opions?

Jack :)

hey guys, along with jack, i too am considering a dengura, but is there a noticeable increase in power to make me change from my maggie?

£135.00 is a bit steep, but, if theyre more powerful (and they have all the pimp parts) it seems to be a good deal. cheers guys,

matt

but surly once you have upgraded the maggie to have the same features and spent the same cash it would still be made from inferior metal and not have the trials specific details that the echo brake has.

Spot on.

Maguras, despite what people thinking, are not designed for trials. I believe they actually started off as an XC brake. Magura in past years have realised the potential these brakes have for trials however and made slight modifications to the brake as a whole to cater for trials.

For instance, Koolstop pads.

I think we call all agree that if these brakes were the same price as HS33, they would sell like hot cakes. Very nice looking product but im not in a hurry to get one. ill just wait it out over the next 7-8 months like everyone else.

nice brakes, not over priced, just too square. i think Dengs CNC machine needs some curves going down.

Maybe send him a fit bird over with some nice T*TS then he may get the idea. (Y):D

Waynio...........................

PS the best person to pick a bird to send to him is Bucky, hes good when it comes to T*TS (Y):) best feeler and tester by far.

I've had a full Deng lever on for around 3 or 4 weeks and I ain't going back to a normal Magura one, thats for sure! I just need to fit the cylinders on now which also look awesome quality.

The quality and strength of the lever is SO much better than a Magura. I cracked one of the standard Magura levers quite quick, but the Deng one is loads more beefy in the right places.

People who are complaining that £135 is to much for a fully cnc'd hydraulic brake with cnc'd clamps and pads that are for trials need a slap :P Like Ali C says, the quality is close to Hope and a Trials brake from them costs £140.

Stan.

they do look awesome quality thats for sure, nice to hear theyre getting some good reviews. shame you cant buy the cylinders seperately, would love to try a lever and then mebs upgrade to a full brake later on.

would you use one over a rear disc though? same sort of price area but which out performs the other?

nice brakes, not over priced, just too square. i think Dengs CNC machine needs some curves going down.

Maybe send him a fit bird over with some nice T*TS then he may get the idea. (Y):D

Waynio...........................

PS the best person to pick a bird to send to him is Bucky, hes good when it comes to T*TS (Y):) best feeler and tester by far.

LMFAO.

Nice one waynio hahah.

Dan..............

they do look awesome quality thats for sure, nice to hear theyre getting some good reviews. shame you cant buy the cylinders seperately, would love to try a lever and then mebs upgrade to a full brake later on.

would you use one over a rear disc though? same sort of price area but which out performs the other?

Good point, i still love the look of the denguras and the price shouldn't really be an issue its quality. You don't complain about a Koxx frames being so much more expensive then a Da Bomb frames, its the same sort of thing in my mind.

Instead of making a new topic, you know those mounts that you can add to your bike to give it rear a disk mount, can you buy them from any online trails shops.

Rorz!

I've had a full Deng lever on for around 3 or 4 weeks and I ain't going back to a normal Magura one, thats for sure! I just need to fit the cylinders on now which also look awesome quality.

The quality and strength of the lever is SO much better than a Magura. I cracked one of the standard Magura levers quite quick, but the Deng one is loads more beefy in the right places.

People who are complaining that £135 is to much for a fully cnc'd hydraulic brake with cnc'd clamps and pads that are for trials need a slap :P Like Ali C says, the quality is close to Hope and a Trials brake from them costs £140.

Stan.

try paying FULL wack for stan, im sure ud complain:P

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Apr 6 2007, 11:26 AM)
Spot on.

Maguras, despite what people thinking, are not designed for trials. I believe they actually started off as an XC brake. Magura in past years have realised the potential these brakes have for trials however and made slight modifications to the brake as a whole to cater for trials.

For instance, Koolstop pads.

I have a Magura hs33 set. Both with 'trials' written on both.