Trials Proof Street Furniture

TrashZen

If i can be arsed and it isn't raining I'll verify this at lunchtime to silence the doubters - I'm pretty sure know where it is and it's only a couple of minutes from here

Julien - is it next to the river between the green dragon and elizabeth way bridge ? sort of nearly on the way to tescos from my house?

Edited by poopipe

If i can be arsed and it isn't raining I'll verify this at lunchtime to silence the doubters - I'm pretty sure know where it is and it's only a couple of minutes from here

Julien - is it next to the river between the green dragon and elizabeth way bridge ? sort of nearly on the way to tescos from my house?

Yeah,

Actually, I was planning the same thing for my lunch break. I'll post a clearer pic that will dissipate rumours about the rubbery nature of that lid... :shifty:

These spikes are too big for birds to be bothered... it's more meant to ward off rhinoceros or triceratops escaped from Jurassic Park... or ferocious urban trialsters :lol:

Edited by TrashZen

Ha, thats quality!

They did this kind of thing on quite a big block round my local, they sunk big pebbles into the top of it thinking it would stop us riding but all it did was make it more of a challenge for us and in the long run, better riders. Although knifes are a little different to pebbles.

Now gives Neil the chance to try it with out getting a puncture.

Ha, thats quality!

Now gives Neil the chance to try it with out getting a puncture.

Yep, I see an open challenge going on... :S Anybody tempted? I'll hold the camera... ;) !

so here are a few more shots of the gothic beast (I reckon it should be painted black or deep purple)

postbox%20001.jpg

postbox%20002.jpg

and after slamming an advert magazine onto the stuff... did no good to the cover... (of the magazine that is...)

postbox%20003.jpg

is there a wall, fence or garden nearby into a house or anything?

perhaps it's to stop people climbing on it to jump over a something and into somewhere!

No, it's just plain in the street, plain walls from the house nearby, the first time I saw it, I was scared just to roll over the curb, in case I accidentally headbutted myself into it.. :lol: I've asked numerous postmen in vain, but will ask the town council... :shifty:

Looks like the latest testing ground for Maxxis next-generation Ultra-Tyres!

More seriously, if that really was an anti-Tunnicliffe measure (which looks less likely now that we can see how old it seems to be), then it makes me a little bit sad... the post box is an awesome bit of iconic bike riding in my opinion. I'm pretty sure post boxes are tough enough to take it anyway!