Ps3, Who Wants One?

Matt_Zoot

im not gettin a ps3 quite yet even though there amazing. my mate has just brought one from singapore for £270 and it came with a game the graphic are quite alot better than the xbox 360 but the dvd quality is awsome because it has the blue ray thing. but 500 quid is a bit expensive for my liking

im not gettin a ps3 quite yet even though there amazing. my mate has just brought one from singapore for £270 and it came with a game the graphic are quite alot better than the xbox 360 but the dvd quality is awsome because it has the blue ray thing. but 500 quid is a bit expensive for my liking

I would have to see this to believe it. I have seen quite a few side by side comparisons and so far the 360 games are looking better.

I won't be getting one soon, maybe one day but not yet. However the price tag of 500 is a bit pricey but you have to look at it this way your getting a blu ray dvd player aswell and these dvd players alone cost about 400/500 don't they?

I've got one already, i was out in town last night and Game was opening at midnight so i popped in and bought it( brother then took it home) but was too wasted when i got home to play it.

To be honest i dont see any difference in xbox 360 and ps3 i just prefer playstations and they have muuch better controllers IMO.

Although i do agree they have wank release titles for it, but im just looking forward to GTA4 and mgs4, ffXIII etc

EDIT: o dear, i just watched a video from that smashmyps3 how sad are those people camping out for longer than 18hours for a ps3

Edited by Bondy

Well, i just been down to hmv, Oxford Circus ( 7.30 this morning ), and there was only about 20 people outside.

The guy who was at the front, was a right nerd LOL.

Apparently those, the 1st 100 customers who bought from hmv got a £1000 sony tele :S

Sony are having to bribe people to buy the console, otherwise its going to be a bigger f**k up then it already has become.

Love it. :D

Was hoping it would fail. :D

To be fair though, the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player as well as a beast of a games console. Considering the Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player is going for £538 on Amazon and Sony want £500 for the console - it's not such a bad deal. I'm not saying that I'm getting one, although if Oxford Street's HMV is giving a freakin' tele away with them it does sound rather tempting!

They had just been told they had been rewarded for their patience and loyalty with a free £2,500 high-definition TV on which to play their shiny new console.

That was only for the 1st 100 customers, they also got a free Taxi ride home too.

Thats what everyone is saying, making an excuse for the simply ridiculous price. End of the day, that's one of the main reasons people seem to be buying one, because its just a cheap alternative to another technology.

Hell, a few game creators have retracted their release titles and waiting a few weeks because their scared they wont sell.

I hope it falls even more on its arse then it already has. :D

Because, for some reason, it angers me that Sony believe they can charge 500+ quid for a fooking games console. Its simply mind boggling how they thought that was a good idea.

I guess they charge so much because they know people will buy them - if not straight away, in the near future after the initial release.

Either flog them cheap and sell more, or more expensive with only the die hard Sony geeks buying them :P

To be fair though, the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player as well as a beast of a games console. Considering the Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player is going for £538 on Amazon and Sony want £500 for the console - it's not such a bad deal. I'm not saying that I'm getting one, although if Oxford Street's HMV is giving a freakin' tele away with them it does sound rather tempting!

Yeah but who wants a frigging blu-ray player anyway? It's not like I would buy one anyway.

Let's not forget that the PS2 was a DVD player too, I never had a DVD player before that. And that's ten times more useful than a Blu-ray player.

Yeah but who wants a frigging blu-ray player anyway? It's not like I would buy one anyway.

Let's not forget that the PS2 was a DVD player too, I never had a DVD player before that. And that's ten times more useful than a Blu-ray player.

Meh. Aside from your personal gripes/preferences - People do want a Blu-Ray player, hence why they've been selling? It was the same with DVDs, only the tech fags and well off had them, they were super duper expensive. Now look at it, pretty much everyone has at least one DVD player in their home and they're piss cheap. Gamers would surely want a blu-ray player too? Capable (obviously) of playing Blu-Ray DVDs as well as, more importantly, Blu-Ray Games which lots of gaming companies can utilise to put more content into their games?

Speculations: It's just that it's technology and release date have meant that it's come into a fragile market, HD still isn't that huge, neither is Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, when it's all a bit more mainstream then I think they'll dominate in years to come. They're supposedly making a loss on every single PS3 sold, they're strained as it is. Gaming is a huge market for them so Sony aren't going to deliberatly price themselves out of it. It's like getting a HD Ready TV, Sony are future proofing themselves for the next years, as technology these days is getting freakin' silly.

Although, I don't really give a toss, I play my PS2 to kill time whilst I've left dinner to cook and I find it highly entertaining, I won't be getting a PS3 yet, that's fo' sho'.