Infa Red Brakes

harmertrials

It's a good idea ...

...but highly complicated! & for someone like me (simple minded, numb nuts), impossibly to use!

Suppose... Small Solar Panel on the brakes , with a blue tooth adapter on the brakes and handlebars, and inferred connecting the handle lever and connection together ;)

AHHH - My brain blew up!

plus if you and your mates bikes are inline for example, you would controll each others brakes, plus you would need a signal so you leaver came back out again becuase usually when you let go it goes back out... but the brake would stay on, unless something was pushing it back , e.g hose with blood or w.e

Or just a spring... Get a clue rubbadub! seriously.. dumbass

The battery could be charged by a complex water wheel hooked up to the drive train. This would then charge the lightweight car battery discretely mounted on the handlebars. Some sort of radio tower could be fitted to the stem which would send the signal to the receivers hooked up to the servos powering the magnetic cylinders.

While were at it maybe a 125/250cc engine could be fitted to the bike and the car battery could be linked to an alternator. Also i believe boot space is essential, so a unit on the back of the bike for those mid-ride picnics may be extremely beneficial.

If i tried to think of the worst idea second to taking my brakes off entirely. I would go ahead and see about the wireless braking.

Cables ***.

If everyone on TF wasnt so anal about weight this idea isnt as bonkers as you tried to make it.

A possibility.

Edited by VillageDave

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know any many T**TS there are! Its only a funny idea.... JESUS!

Give him a break!

I think it's a kool idea, and also what about no spokes, like the rims and hubs had certain magnets in them to only attract each other so you never needed spokes :lol: wouldn't work but would be soooo kool to see :lol:

Mike =]

Edited by Tailz222

yeah i herd pete wright has designed these in conjunction with hope, it is going to be called the correct wright way to pedal, it will also include invisable wires, titanium holes, and a rubber chain to make your bike feel bouncy. It will also be easier to pedal and cheaper than a can of coke.

Adam

not meaning to be funny here, but your taking the mick out of pete wright, whats the point. yea maybe occasionally he may stretch the truth, and im not even going to deny i laugh at some of his posts, but.... your proper slatin him here, yet youve only been a member of TF for 7ish weeks, how do you even remember all of this stuff, unless you think its cool to take the mick, and fit in. if he makes a post, yea call it ludicrous, laugh at it, but why bother diggin up the past in a topic which has nothing to do with him in the slightest.

If everyone on TF wasnt so anal about weight this idea isnt as bonkers as you tried to make it.

A possibility.

dave im not denyin its a possibility, im just totally in awe at how people can think its a good idea just yet. electric based brakes havent took off in the automotive industry just yet.which is a place where electronic systems are already in place, they just need extending. wireless braking is still unheard of,anywhere. so before we should even look at wireless brakes on bikes, i say they either develop electronic brakes on bikes(after actually gettin them to work well in a car,and i mean in an analogue signal, not an on/off movement like on a handbrake, which is technically just a switch. then maybe we get wired electronic brakes on bikes, and progress from there, but thats still unfeasable in my opinion, i like to ride in the rain(Well i dont, but it happens), i occasionally fall in streams. water would be a big problem, even if you could protect the sensors from knocks.

as for us all being anal about weight, im not anal about weight, i like my bike to be strong, but why inhibit my riding by making the bike heavier than it needs be.

not meaning to be funny here, but your taking the mick out of pete wright, whats the point. yea maybe occasionally he may stretch the truth, and im not even going to deny i laugh at some of his posts, but.... your proper slatin him here, yet youve only been a member of TF for 7ish weeks, how do you even remember all of this stuff, unless you think its cool to take the mick, and fit in. if he makes a post, yea call it ludicrous, laugh at it, but why bother diggin up the past in a topic which has nothing to do with him in the slightest.

dave im not denyin its a possibility, im just totally in awe at how people can think its a good idea just yet. electric based brakes havent took off in the automotive industry just yet.which is a place where electronic systems are already in place, they just need extending. wireless braking is still unheard of,anywhere. so before we should even look at wireless brakes on bikes, i say they either develop electronic brakes on bikes(after actually gettin them to work well in a car,and i mean in an analogue signal, not an on/off movement like on a handbrake, which is technically just a switch. then maybe we get wired electronic brakes on bikes, and progress from there, but thats still unfeasable in my opinion, i like to ride in the rain(Well i dont, but it happens), i occasionally fall in streams. water would be a big problem, even if you could protect the sensors from knocks.

as for us all being anal about weight, im not anal about weight, i like my bike to be strong, but why inhibit my riding by making the bike heavier than it needs be.

A very respectable post I must say and thanks for your opinion.

personally i think it would be a cool idea but not infa red cos of the striaght line issues

ah ha! my pic sorts that one out! there wouild be no issues really, you just need loads of sensors, the frame isnt made of jelly so its actually straight believe it or not, and so are the forks, and the bars and stem :P

dont forget that you can send it out in a circular stylee so it would pic up anything within range

straight line issues are no more!

it could work, but not for trials, we want minnimum weight, maximum clearance and reliability! it could easily go well with some other biking style,

good plan! (Y)

matt

how would deng anodise an infa red signal :o

I'm sure he would sort something out haha

It wouldn't be powerfull enough or a fast enough response, i would trust my fingers and the fluid much more.

it would just be pointless.

peaceout.