Ahhhhhhhhhhh, My Hands

ilikeriding

i have got them on my hands to and they do hurt alot but you just have to take it like a man. when i first bought my t-pro i had the grips on for 6 months and they was battering my hands but last week i bought myself sum foam grips and since then my hands have been fine. also with these grips you dont need to where gloves which helps alot i think. eventually though the pain will just go away and you will okay.

cheers lou.

My hands are worse than all of yours:)

haa

i got this dry skin condition

so my hands bleed and slpit everywhere.

ill get pics sometime.

i have 7 callusese on one hand.

hmm..

i ride to much?

seriously you have no idea, my whole had is a callous right to the finger tips, its dry as f**k and tears between the palm and my fingers, pretty much the whole way through, ill post some pics up soon lol, strangley it doent hurt much

Edited by afroman

I found something out today.

If anyone like me gets really bad dry skin on there hands from riding having a good diet can help reduce it.

And foods like wheat help to cause dry skin?

I dunno.

Im try this diet thing.

lol

And to the post above, so does mine.

I couldnt even turn the tap this morning.

If i have a quick look.

I have a slit in my skin on each thumb, and on every finger, and lots between my thumb and first finger.

Show me yours but i bet mines worse.

Im not going to ride before the weekend, let my hands heal a bit first.

i also cant use gloves as i just hate them.

Edited by alext

I found something out today.

If anyone like me gets really bad dry skin on there hands from riding having a good diet can help reduce it.

And foods like wheat help to cause dry skin?

I dunno.

Im try this diet thing.

lol

And to the post above, so does mine.

I couldnt even turn the tap this morning.

If i have a quick look.

I have a slit in my skin on each thumb, and on every finger, and lots between my thumb and first finger.

Show me yours but i bet mines worse.

Im not going to ride before the weekend, let my hands heal a bit first.

i also cant use gloves as i just hate them.

i know the feeling, however i demand a deul! of whos hands are worse of course..lol

you could try getting foam grips or soaking your hands in warm water before a ride

(it just softens your hands up)

HAHAHA imagine that with your mates round with your hands in warn water before your allowed to go out! lol i need soft hands to pull :P so i cut them off.... they soon grow back though!

My advice would be to get a comfortable pair or grips, i have found that odi ruffians are quite good as are try all grips. I have also been through the phase or not riding with gloves and my hands do kill after a long ride, i should try and buy a pair of cheap gloves that are quite tight fitting, this should stop your hands moving in them too much, and i know i will probably get slated for this but you could try using hand cream after each ride, might soften your hands up and stop them hurting.

• 2 weeks later...

i used to get calluses all the time, but i got some softer grips and started riding with gloves all the time it used to be the odd acasion were i would wear gloves (i could not be botherd to get them out of my bedroom lol) but now its all good lol (Y)

Id hate to be your Gf, wouldnt let them scabbies near it! haha

Use the neutrogena hand cream stuff. f**king brilliant

hehehe

its died down now.

aint got that white shit.

just cuts everywhere

when i come back form a ride it looks like ive been cuting my hands.

and ive got this helping hands cream.

from that "lush"shop.

its prety darn good...

going to the chinese doctors soon though:P

yeah foam grips and that are all good, but to be honest the best way is to ignore the pain, ive been biking for a few years now and my hands dont look too nice, but theres no pain cause there just completly numb most the time ^.^ (cant be good lol)

im lucky enough to have sweaty hands...lubes them up good. just means i have soft compound grips cos the sweat soaks in so grips dont last any longer than about 20 hours of riding

i have painful feet cos im still not back riding enough. probably cos i sprained my ankle!!

Ive been riding bikes for a while now and the skin on my hands has conisderably thickend to a point where its not nice to look at, i realise that anyone who doesnt wear gloves will get this to a certain degree. I hate wearing gloves and i just wanted to know if anyone has any advice on getting rid of this.

Get halfords foam grips is the easy answer. i am going to buy some myself, they are only around £10 so its not too exspensive for grips to be honest.

Hiya callouses arent that bad on your hands because the point of callouses is to protect the hand where the skin is week...............Most people think just because i ride a unicycle i wouldnt get them but backin the bike days i found foam grips or dmr zip grips where a real help to callouses so they dont rip off wich does really hurt. Even with the plastic handle on my unicycle saddle i get them and they rip so i got an old innertube and stuck two layers of it around the handle base so now they grip well and dont hurt. One last good thing with a callouse is if you dislike your gloves try to get some of the powder gymnasts une and rub it on your hands before a ride it doesnt come off with sweat and lasts ages on a ride.

Callum