Evolve - On The Web!

AdamR28

i remember when i got home from england where i had bought it. i watched it 5 times in a row before trying to sleep.

watched it so many times that the colours stopped working on some vcrs.. it's in my bookcase, shame i havent got a telly or vcr..

That was AWESOME! Man I want Chainspotting now :(

Heheh, some little bugger back home borrowed my Chainspotting and never gave it back. I picked up a VHS copy on evilbay signed by the squad! It's got Ashton, Will Longden, Steve Peat, Rob Warner and Tom Edwards (?) scrawls inside. Think it cost me about £2.99!! Still a total classic :)

Evolve's good but I still prefer Revolution. The JJ Gregorowicz section was the reason I got my very first Monty Mod way back when!

Dave

Thats a $9k Gorilla! Love this video so much! I was saying to somebody the other day they should bring back 16" frames with saddles! Would be real trials then :$ Peter, I had Revolution, Ive got the VHS cover, but ive lost the tape! : No idea where its gone!

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

I haven't seen Evolve in ages.

One of the old riders used to have it and remember watching it.

Always loved the bit with Leech and his dent, also just after Lenosky jumps the gorilla theres the guy in the wheelchair using his legs to push along. The good old days, think i was on a hardrock back then.

Ace find Ad.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Feb 25 2007, 09:26 PM)
I've never seen that before, and now i appreciate 'old school' trials :o . That was awesome. They are/were seriously good - just imagine how good they'd be with working brakes...

Nice find, Ads :) .

Cheers,

Joe.

ha ha ....its not that old school! They all had the saame HS33s that everyone uses now! go back to Ot Pi Dreams if you want to see some old school brakes...and even then I think they had HS22's??? or maybe not quite yet...

I've never seen that before, and now i appreciate 'old school' trials :o . That was awesome. They are/were seriously good - just imagine how good they'd be with working brakes...

Nice find, Ads :) .

Cheers,

Joe.

ha ha ....its not that old school! They all had the saame HS33s that everyone uses now! go back to Ot Pi Dreams if you want to see some old school brakes...and even then I think they had HS22's??? or maybe not quite yet...

Leech had HS33's, Chris Clark had V brakes, Lenosky used a Shimano DX rear V brake with XTR lever and front disc - not sure if it was hydro or cable. I remember emailing him cos I fancied trying his setup, never did though. One thing about Evolve though, didn't really give Martin Hawyes much of a part, most clips were him falling off as everybody saw... great! :ermm: For those camera people among us, Reed used a Canon GL1 (US version of the XM1) for Evolve and Contact I believe - 3CCD, Ratcliff did an interview with him in an old issue of MBUK, remember seeing him carrying the camera.

JJ.

Edited by trialmedia

One thing about Evolve though, didn't really give Martin Hawyes much of a part, most clips were him falling off as everybody saw... great!

To be perfectly honest I think that was a good thing, he really shouldn't have been included at all. Martyn (Y), Martin (N)

I also still prefer Revolution though... got that on VHS but have no way of uploading it. emule?

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Just watched it - was my first time!

It's so good! I think I'm going to go out and try some stupid bunny hop lines and hurt myself.

Loads of quality riding though, on big old tank bikes, and plenty to make me laugh... Now where are these other vintage classics that people are talking about...

What was Contact like?

Got the other two, (Rev/Evol) on VHS but never got the third one.

I never actually bought it as it was always slagged off for having too much skatepark stuff. Eventually downloaded it out of curiosity and I have to say it didn't do much for me. Lots of skatepark stuff with Chris Clarke and Jeff which is quite impressive but not all that. I think my official thoughts were a resounding 'meh'. IMO Revolution was the best and they went downhill a bit after that.

Dave

Thanks for the info!

Revolution was my first introduction to trials, I was like "whooo, check that out!" Sometimes when I'm out, I still hear, (in my head) that french type song Leech was riding too on the kids play house thing... it went something like "A` la vous suom, a`ur... la magnifiq"

Yeah` like that! :$

Edited by Concussion

Amazing piece of trials history. I believe that every noob that wants to start trials should watch that video and including revolution.

I remember back in the day when that first came out, used to watch all the time before i went out riding, just totally inspiring.

all the riding in the world can never match up to the first preview we get or thibault marriaux where he 180 hops on the drum, then gaps down and bounces at the knee's as he holds it on the back wheel!

f**king hell, the memories!!! all these young'ns and newbies have missed the best years of trials!

Anyone notice in one of the sections where Jeff Lenosky is hopping on his front wheel on that concrete table that the grafity is all over the place. But in Chainspotting there is none. Anybody notice that?

It's the bit after Ryan gaps to back wheel on that rail and slips and almost kills his back. 1/4 way through.

Just to show Chainspotting was filmed that little bit earlier.

Anyone notice in one of the sections where Jeff Lenosky is hopping on his front wheel on that concrete table that the grafity is all over the place. But in Chainspotting there is none. Anybody notice that?

It's the bit after Ryan gaps to back wheel on that rail and slips and almost kills his back. 1/4 way through.

Just to show Chainspotting was filmed that little bit earlier.

they could have cleaned/paint over the graffiti, but chainspotting was before this. None of that stuff is there anymore :( I went to venice beach and looked!