Sony Or Microsoft

Tailz222

@Clawz

Fine if you want to invest in format wars which will more then likely be lost by sony(going by their track record, and the fact they are going up against Microsoft, who have a controlling stake on the computer OS market) then fine by me. But the 360 is a better "GAMES CONSOLE" got feck all to do with it being a HD DVD player!!!

The best comparison i can get for you, Fear on the PC 360 and PS3. PC and 360 version look very simular, slightly better and crisper on a high end PC. But on a PS3 it looks all blurry(not in a goodway) all the colours look "muddy" and its generally looks wank. 360 is getting GTA before the PS3, and has a much better games library. There are currently no "must have" games for the PS3. And the few that were exclusives, aren't any more, along with rumours of MGS coming to 360 as well as PS3.

So please feel free to buy a machine for gimps, the xbox 360 will beat it hands down, Which in turn is getting obliterated by the Wii!

i would say Sony is the best Ive got a psp and a ps2 they are both ace my first ps2 broke after 4 years probably because i took a hammer to it because it kept freezing :lol:

i could never get my head round the xbox control it just seemed to big and bulky and the controls are confusing :S

Sony 4TW (Y)

Toby

I THINK he meant find one for the price of a playstation 3 seeing as barber said

So we may as well just buy a better pc for £614....

So find me one for £614 or less NEW.

Fine if you want to invest in format wars which will more then likely be lost by sony(going by their track record, and the fact they are going up against Microsoft, who have a controlling stake on the computer OS market) then fine by me. But the 360 is a better "GAMES CONSOLE" got feck all to do with it being a HD DVD player!!!

Actually its got a lot to do with it being a high definiton dvd player. When HDDVD finally dies then microsoft are gonna stop making hddvd drives, which means a lot of people may be quite angry about buying them and finding that no more films are going to come out to play on it. No, you cant say the same thing about the playstation 3 because the playstation 3 GAMES are built onto bluray discs... so even if bluray doesnt win it wont die seeing as bluray games will still be made all the time.

Ok, let me put it this way, Playstation 3 is a high definition dvd player, its games run on bluray discs which currently have 25GB of storage on a single layer. 50GB on a dual layer and a WORKING experimental bluray disc by TDK has 200GB of stoage data on 6 layers. This is the amount of storage playstation 3 game developers have for their new games. Resistance fall of man in total uses 22GB of storage space. Xbox 360 games run on standard DVD's with the most data you can possibly fit on a DVD standing at 17.1GB. I belive the xbox 360 game discs are DVD9 which have a maximum space of a mere 8.75 GB per disc.

Resistance = ps3 launch title... 22GB

Xbox 360 game = 1 year ahead... a maximum of 8.75GB per disc

Here is where you can see that the 360 is limited to storage capacity because of the disc's it runs on. My bet is that microsoft are hoping with all their might that hddvd will win so they can recreate the games on hddvd and bring out another 360 with a built in hddvd drive.

Lets just see it again...

Playstation 3 disc capacity = Maybe up to 200GB per disc

Xbox 360 disc capacity = umm 8.75GB per disc

This is why microsoft have F&$ked up big time :lol:

There are currently no "must have" games for the PS3. And the few that were exclusives, aren't any more, along with rumours of MGS coming to 360 as well as PS3.

Hideo Kojima, creator of the famed stealth adventure series Metal Gear Solid explained in an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu.

"Metal Gear Solid 4 is only scheduled for release on the PlayStation 3 at the current time, We could port it to other consoles, but doing so would require additional staff and research and development costs. If I were to make games for the Xbox 360 or the Revolution, I'd rather create original titles that match each console's audience, instead of the Metal Gear Solid series.".

Some PS3 exclusives...

1. Warhawk

2. Afrika

3. Assassin's Creed (Maybe on 360-not confirmed yet)

4. Blade Storm: Hundred Years War

5. Coded Arms: Assault

6. Devil May Cry 4(Maybe on 360-not confirmed yet)

7. Eight Days

8. The Eye of Judgment (Working Title)

9. Eyedentify

10. Fatal Inertia ("Should be Available" at Launch)

11. Fifth Phantom Saga

12. Final Fantasy Versus XIII

13. Final Fantasy XIII

14. Formula One 2006 ("Tracking" for Launch Date)

15. Full Auto 2: Battlelines (Available at Launch)

16. Genji 2 (Available at Launch)

17. The Getaway (Working Title)

18. The Wall (Also in PC)

19. Gundam: Mobile Suit

20. Heat

21. Heavenly Sword (Available at "Launch Window" Not Launch)

22. Hot Shots Golf (Working Title)

23. Killzone (Working Title)

24. Lair

25. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

26. Monster Kingdom

27. MotorStorm (Available at Launch)

28. Virtua Fighter 5 (Also in Arcades)

29. Ratchet & Clank (Working Title) (Also on PSP)

30. Redwood Falls

31. Resistance: Fall of Man (Available at Launch)

32. Ridge Racer 7

33. SingStar (Working Title)

34. Tekken 6

35. WarDevil: Enigma

36. Unreal Tournament 2007 (Also on PC, Maybe on 360--not confirmed yet--)

37. Untitled Naughty Dog Game (Working Title)

38. Untitled Western Shooter (working title)

39. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom ("Goal is... ...When PS3 Launches")

I know your only talking about games out at this moment but if you look at whats scheduled and out for each its a close call, and being as the 360 has already been out and got a years head start, id say the playstation 3 will definitely win on the games department.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

Over and out

Dan

Edited by Clawz114

Nintendo Wii!!!

But i have a 360 and have replaced it 5 times and my current one is broken.

I say: get the old one and Chip it (thats what i do)

Chipping is alright but you cant play online games with a chipped Xbox.

If you chip it in the right way you can do Xbox Live :D

Get an x3 and disable the chip when you want to go on xbox live.

Woo you've listed all the games that the PS3 has for it, really looking forward to the release of Singstar!!! Have you also heard how the PAL PS3 will have "Limited" PS2 backwards compatability? With no list of games that do or don't work?

And the size of the disk doesn't matter, there are compression methods! Why do you think PC games still come on one DVD? cause they can compress the files. Thats why Gears looks better then Resistance. Size of the disc will only matter for games like final fantasy, where they have alot of cut scenes which aren't in game.

And then again, pointless stating of pointless facts.

You cant continue to state that, this is bigger, thus its better. Life doesn't work like that. And its part of the reason why you can find PS3's everywhere in japan and america(nobody wants them) yet you'll be buggered if you can find a wii, instores!

I know it sounds like a wii60 fan boy, but the truth is, the wii and 360 offer a better gaming experience(wii better interaction and 360 better online gameplay) then the PS3 offers. Used to own a PS1 and thought the PS2 was awesome and better the then xbox. But the PS3 is not the ps2 or the ps1. Just doesn't have the exclusives and is a forcefull way to get blueray on the market, just like the PSP was a forceful way to get UMD into the market, which failed, and was shit.

Woo you've listed all the games that the PS3 has for it

Someone didnt click on the link to the list of playstation 3 games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Compare that to the 360 games list and we get...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

Slightly less i believe, and the 360 has had a years head start?!

"According to Game Informer, nearly every developer they talked to at X05 expressed difficulties fitting their launch titles onto a single disc."

That was talking about the xbox 360, and to be honest when game developers want to be putting HD cuts scenes onto games, they just physically wont be able to.

Have you also heard how the PAL PS3 will have "Limited" PS2 backwards compatibility?

:lol: I'm not buying a playstation 3 to play playstation 2 games on... what is the point in that lmao. I'm buying a playstation 3 to play... ummm playstation 3 games on... surprisingly :lol: I don't think ive ever played a playstation 1 game on my playstation 2 and ive owned both systems pretty much from about 6 months after launch.

And its part of the reason why you can find PS3's everywhere in japan and america

And you know that how... The stock levels will change all the time and to be honest, i think that more people buy online due to the fact that most people will presume that the shops are sold out. Lets just see what happens when the playstation 3 launches in the UK and see how long it stays in stock for... My guess is the likes of amazon uk and play.com will be sold out in a few hours tops. Then we will really start to see the Blu-ray dvd sales exceed the hddvd sales even more than the current figues, around 100 bluray movies sold for every 48 hddvd i think.

Does it not bother you that sony consistanly lie about everything the PS3 "can" do though?

Yes we will see, seeing as most of the retailers are still taking pre-orders.

And as for japan and america still having loads on store shelves.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/jack-tretton/jack...3200-235648.php

Evidence in america, and also if you want to find it there is some for japan.

Also this is quite interesting to read - http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/uk-ps3-preord...-not-236193.php

Edited by Orgun_Donor

playstation 1 ***!!!!! tbo for the money it costs for one of the spangly new consoles i'd rather get a ck hub (Y) video games get boring really fast (my neighbours had got a 360 the day it came out + after a month they didn't go on it anymore, they spent all thier time on WoW (H))