'coust' Pads

Matt_Zoot

but you cant do that, you have to buy the refills because the reds from the plastic backings wont be cut to fit in the CNCed backings as they are a special shape and not just flat

so cut them to fit? it's really not that hard. if pads fir in plactis backings they will generally fit in cnc without anymore work as they both have a raised bit in the middle.

you shouldn't have bought another set of backing's if you allready have a pair. whoever said that is talking shit.

You can remove the old material from the backing's and fit new material, whatever material you want can be put in them. Usually heating them in the oven will break the glue seal but it depends on what was used originally.

cheer mate you help alot, and talking about oven's

what temperature does the fan oven need to be to heat up the glue??

Paul!

This kid got a set of free pads because his order took ages, my order took just over 2 months and I get an untested new red compound instead of the old red pads that I ordered. :(

Joy o joy.

Is this the order for refills which I glued into new backings as an upgrade? I apologise if the compensation isn't enough. It's really hard to be totally equal in cases where I've offered compensatory pads in return for delays. Firstly I'm maybe alone in offering any freestuff at all, and second I guess that it could be judged as fair that the compensation be proportional to the order cost roughly.

The "untested" new compound is one which comes from the same supplier but is only a slightly different Shore A hardness so there's a very high confidence that they will perform well.

As ever please pop me an email if you have any more feedback, unresolved issues:

Steve@heatsinkbikes.com

To clear up the pad fitting thingy: The pad recess in Heatsink CNCed magura backings is slightly undersized compared to Powerpad backings. With vertical sides rather than the slight draft on plastic pads, and also the 1mm length difference between Magura branded and Powerpad branded backings, this is important so that pads can always be made to fit. It's a trivial matter to make a pad from a Magura fit into a Heatsink CNCed Magura/Vee backings, but take care with the Stanley knife, make sure the blade is sharp so you don't use too much force when you may slip, use some water as lubrication (on the blade!), and always cut away from your fingers.

For removal of pads from plastic backings, I've used the boiling water method for literally hundreds of pads. Once it's broken the glue bond partially, I peel the pads out with my teeth. Ouch!

Steve