The Sidehop Thread

python_man

You were put off trials by kids tucking in sidehops? hmm

I didn't know tucking was such serious business

65 pages - that's serious.

Besides, you've misquoted me. I said 'one of the reasons'. Another was going on 'big group rides', and everyone queueing to do the same move on the same wall, when there was so much else to do. It just seemed to be this general emphasis on ticking boxes on a move/size list/matrix. When I first rode trials nearly 10 years ago, it was a lot different, and a lot more fun. Maybe trials will take another turn and in years to come you'll all lament the day the tuck died.

65 pages - that's serious.

Besides, you've misquoted me. I said 'one of the reasons'. Another was going on 'big group rides', and everyone queueing to do the same move on the same wall, when there was so much else to do. It just seemed to be this general emphasis on ticking boxes on a move/size list/matrix. When I first rode trials nearly 10 years ago, it was a lot different, and a lot more fun. Maybe trials will take another turn and in years to come you'll all lament the day the tuck died.

Ah you love trials really.

*note, this topic is something that annoys me about trials too haha.

You're right, I do love trials. It's why even during the months when I never rode at all, I could never sell my bike! I still enjoy going out for a play, but this kind of thing disappoints me. I'm not saying don't tuck the bike up - hell no, you yourself have shown just how far things can be taken, and I'm really pleased about that, but I just hate the way that how a move looks has produced 65 pages of discussion and photos...

Another was going on 'big group rides', and everyone queueing to do the same move on the same wall, when there was so much else to do.

But that's as much a choice thing as anything. At any group ride there are always a good few 'average' riders and people still learning who will tend to sit around on their bike watching the other riders do their thing. That means that there's usually a group of people that everyone tends to stay near rather than going off to investigate. I agree the majority of riders on rides will queue up to do the same move on the same wall as everyone else, but that's when you get to choose to go round the corner and find something a little different or have a look for a different line to spice things up a bit. Maybe it helps if you tend to ride on your own most of the time like me, so that when you do attend a group ride you're not so likely to just follow the crowd, so to speak.

Anyway, tucks are a means to an end. I myself can't tuck worth a damn but can still happily sidehop 45 odd inches on a stiffly geared 24" and probably a bit more on my Monty. While that's the case I don't really see the need to learn tucks and if I did, I wouldn't be posting up pics purely of the body position I achieved... that's just plain wierd.

You're right, I do love trials. It's why even during the months when I never rode at all, I could never sell my bike! I still enjoy going out for a play, but this kind of thing disappoints me. I'm not saying don't tuck the bike up - hell no, you yourself have shown just how far things can be taken, and I'm really pleased about that, but I just hate the way that how a move looks has produced 65 pages of discussion and photos...

cheers, and i agree with u wholeheartedly. its a tad extreme, but still. lets just ignore the topic :)

Anyway, tucks are a means to an end. I myself can't tuck worth a damn but can still happily sidehop 45 odd inches on a stiffly geared 24" and probably a bit more on my Monty. While that's the case I don't really see the need to learn tucks and if I did, I wouldn't be posting up pics purely of the body position I achieved... that's just plain wierd.

This is not aimed directly at u dave -

No-one needs to learn how to tuck, it just happens. Its a natural progression, as u sidehop higher u will realise its impossible to sidehop 50+ as an example without a tuck. You are a prime example of what i would call a beast, your a muscley little monkey (as per the action man tag) but yet even you would need to tuck at great heights.

Anyone who goes out to learn to tuck, needs to get a grip, however posting up pics of a body position is just stupid. Especially the number of pictures you cannot see how high that person is hoppin up something.

ARGH.

Nevermind. LEts all be friends

To be fair this isn't 65 pages of "tuck" pictures. I'd break it down as follows:

2 Pages - "oh my god did you stay on that wall or not?"

3 Pages - Pictures of "Tucks"

60 Pages - "There's no way that walls 49.43 inches, I've been there and measured it with my nipple height and it's only 47.39!"

To be fair this isn't 65 pages of "tuck" pictures. I'd break it down as follows:

60 Pages - "There's no way that walls 49.43 inches, I've been there and measured it with my nipple height and it's only 47.39!"

im taller than u, my nipples are 53.45 inches.

actually they are 53.57 inches,

Edited by ben_travis

20 Pages - "There's no way that walls 49.43 inches, I've been there and measured it with my nipple height and it's only 47.39!"

and 40 pages of " what the f**k is this shit tread?"

I don't like this topic...but as ben says...why not just leave them masturbates about tucking pictures?

some people here like tuck...we can't change that

what's the point to keep talking about the use of tuck's pics?

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

This thread is funny. Why not have a "Tappage" thread and a "Gappage" thread - where people post their biggest/furthest of those things every time they add an extra 0.5" to their personal best.

Maybe even post a still from a video, LOL.

If there were all 3 threads such has this then most riders wouldn't have to take the time to edit these mod videos that they do, because all the moves are given away beforehand. If it's seen in here as a screen shot sidehopping up a flat wall, no one's really going to be mind blown when they see it later in a video?

liking the boxers danny :P trying to tempt us or something lol

and fook me your hanging off the edge on that one. tyre barely on it lol. but ur super sexual at sidehops and you can hold sidehops rather well so i bet you held it.

oh yes, i have the most sexual range off boxers :P

ye them tyers arnt very gripy either i was reet ont edge !!