The Sidehop Thread

python_man

:rolleyes: i agree lol i think not many

i don't understand why people think tucks look cool :S

each to their own lol

Yea indeed, they look quite sketchy and so not-smooth

Look at marco groseniks sidehops for example, he hardly tucks at all and it looks awesome

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4C16SHabXto

I don't tuck aswell and I like it that way :)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=5oZxwEci9bk

I'm very inconsistent with sidehops though..I always put my foot down

So annoying :(

that 1st one is just power, second one you seemed to piss over it

i havent concluded if what i do counts as a tuck?

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by python_man

I'm not jealous or anything... Still can't tuck... Haven't really tried though... Any tips?

you dont try to tuck, it just happens.. if really want to get both wheels to land at near enough the same time on top of the wall then you have to suck the whole bike underneath you..

thats sum uber un nesscery tuckage there billocks.

i needed to make sure i landed on top of the wall enough not to slip off.. you know... to make it 'legit'

Awesome picture too Billo. :-

ta dan my boy!

How many of these 'tucks' are from people landing and their body weight then compressing their legs, and how many are actual tucks?

i think can agree with you on that one.. allot of people ive seen recently have been landing with their weight right over the front wheel and lifting the back while up afterwards.. basicly means theres no need to tuck..

people like grosenik dont tuck because they have the power/tech to be able to piss most sidehops, im sure marco does tuck on some sidehops... most of the ones ive seen in vids must not be that hard for him.. because he goes like 3 inches above each wall before he lands on it!!

dont know if anything i just said shed some light on the whole tuckage situation..

meh...

billx

It is a tuck, but its a forced one. Your pulling yourself down to the bike after you've landed rather than tucking in the air and pulling the bike underneath you.

I think thats a bit unfair, he doesn't move down after hes landed.

He moves down as he's bringing the bike up to the wall. Watch it again.

Exactly what i was thinking, unless your REALLY stiff on the bike youd do that to make it follow through, like not on purpose to get more took but to keep it more flowing and not stiff, i cant really explain but yea..

Matx

tuckor3.jpg

He hops up, lands the front wheel on the wall, then brings the back wheel up. But as the back wheel gets on his body height drops and he leans off the side of the bike.

I'm just saying it as i saw it. Tucking is needed on sidehops to two wheels, the tuck usually takes place just before you land so both wheels come down at the same time... yet with this one the front wheel is on well before the back and as such the tuck isn't needed because he can easily just lean forwards.

Right but he would naturally tuck bring the backwheel up yes?

He needs to bend his legs to make his back wheel come up and as you can see from that pic he barely moves down.

Look at where his arse is in relation to the background and theres barely any difference between the two pics.

On the point about the front wheel, it odesn't look like its used for leverage

Right but he would naturally tuck bring the backwheel up yes?

He needs to bend his legs to make his back wheel come up and as you can see from that pic he barely moves down.

Look at where his arse is in relation to the background and theres barely any difference between the two pics.

On the point about the front wheel, it odesn't look like its used for leverage

The back wheels already on its way up though thats what i meant. He blatantly could have pulled it off without bending so much, yet its happened anyway.

Actually in relation to the background his shoulders have dropped quite a bit, at least by half a foot, another reason as to why i said it looked forced... his body was at a good height to easily make it but by the end of the move they were in a position that made it look like it was something he was barely capable of.

I never said the front wheel WAS use for leverage, i should it SHOULD have been.

I'm not going to say any more on this, he asked for advice, i said what i thought and backed it up with why. Whether i'm right or wrong is irrelevant... i'm giving my opinion and he can choose to use it or ignore it.

f**k off did he make that.

(Awaits to be proved wrong)

He's made that particular wall on both his mod and stock bikes i think... and the higher bit slightly further round.

Although if he made that particular move in that photo i havn't the foggiest. Check out his videos to see him doing it though.

ive just been reading a few posts and it seems people are wondering why some people lower thierselves down after a sidehop,

well lately ive been trying to HOLD my sidehops instead of falling off the other side of the wall, as if i do a sidehop that i find easy i tend to put a bit much into it and go flying over the wall after i land it, so ive been lowering myself down a bit and this basically stops me going flying over, unless im trying an attempt at my biggest sidehop where i struggle to stay on the wall and it seems to be an "on/off" sidehop if that makes any sense