New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

These are the first photo's of a new prototype we had sent in yesterday. This is our first "completely" rider designed frame.

This is all before it has been ridden, So geo, weight and colour may change. I can assure you the weight will. ha ha.

Thanks to Andrei Burton.

Geo: Wheelbase 1085mm BB + 25 Chainstay 380 BB to Center of head tube 665mm. Weight 2.14KG.

i like that alot i also like the new limey, i just wish they would be 1090. i know its only 5mm but i have just got a thing with bikes over 1090 :$

great work though looks like your going in the right direction !

Paul

Here we are, The 2nd prototype of the Limey 1.6.

Changes made are: Extra brace plate, Straight chain stays, Incorporated brake booster, Horizontal reverse 135mm drop outs, More refined top tube, Cable routing holes and thicker seat tube. This was all mainly to stiffen up the back end. The paint job is also something we are testing out too. Very hard to photograph but trust me it is a very classy finish. The adjustments we made has put a few grams onto the frame though. It now weighs 1.8 Kg.

Geo: 1085 WB +35 BB 385 CS BB to HT Reach 660mm.

Anyone remember Flight of the Navigator?

It looks like the ship from that.

Not a bad thing.

the grey 1 is mine and the gold one scott's :D

ye the tubes are "off cuts" therefore are not the production line tubeset.

looks great will get it built up tomorrow or saturday at some point.

Wayne.

Look loads better than the other 1, looks and feels stiffer when trying to compress the rear end.

These are mint. I carnt wait to see what final production of the ICE frame looks like.

Waynios especially looks amazing! Horizontal dropouts are really good idea. Especially for ajority of left foot riders!

Forks look dead good as well!

left foot forward sideghopping the correct way would in theory snap dropout hangers and derailers/tensioners etc. (well int old days!)

going to have mine built tonight and have a play. il possibly have some pictures from sunday maybe, i should be at the tyke trial with it. ready to rock and roll!!!

Wayne. :)

EDIT: obviously if you were sidehopping and not quite making it, therefore falling back down onto the mech/tensioner.

Edited by Waynio

I saw all the new Onza bike range today.

Looking at them the bar and stem kind of just gives them a cheaper look. Possibly could of done with some 31.8 bar and stem on the more expensive bikes I think it would have made all the difference, like on last years T-Mag, surely it couldn't have cost much more.

But they still look really good, Not too sure about the one with blue on it, looks a bit weird, but I suppose it could appeal to some of the younger kids. Good range though.

The frame alone looks good, feels pretty light too and the dropouts are really good.

The NEW limey 1.6 26" frame with the horizontal dropouts is looking good, feels nice too

as someone has already said the head angle needed to be a bit steeper and is (Y):) feels spot on, still very light and alot stiffer. havent bothered to measure it, but does feel around the 1075/1080 mark with probably around a 380ish back end, maybe 385.

il measure up and get some pictures up, once iv been out and abused it a bit more. :)

Wayne.

• 1 month later...
I'm with Ben on that one. I snapped 2 frames on the top disc tab. It really doesnt look strong to me. Why not extend the material up the seatstay a bit to strengthen that area up.

As for the colour schemes though, love it. Looks really really good (Y)

The disc mounts are quite thick and have been tested. Maybe on the 2nd batch of them we could make the tab more aesthetically sturdier. Thanks for the comments guys.

Thinking of buying one of those limey's when they come out, whats the wheelbase Joe

Very very cool frame, especcially "Ice"...I want it)))

What about geo of this frames?

Geo: Limey 20" Wheelbase 1010 BB +45 Chainstay 360

Ice Wheelbase 1025 BB+ 70 Chainstay 350

Thanks for the comments guys,