New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

It looks interesting, but very overbuilt. Whats the reason for the top and down tubes to be parallel? I'd imagine that would only make the frame weaker because there looks to be almost no triangulation between them.

The integrated booster/frame brace looks really interesting, a nice lightweight way of stiffening up the rear.

The dropouts are way too big though, and they look really long aswell, surely there's no need for such legnth, the wheel can only move as far as a set of 4 bolt mounts after all?

Tyre clearance looks good, I wonder if you could get a 2.7" Maxxis in there? The weight sounds OK aswell, althought I'm guessing it could drop a fair bit off that.

Good effort, not bad for a first prototype.

It'd be sweet if the Tensile forks were either Magura or disc specific. I know it means you've got to stock more fork options, which is hassle, but at the same time it means that if you run a disc you don't have to have the Magura mounts on, which is a bonus strength-wise.

It'd be sweet if the Tensile forks were either VEE, Magura or disc specific. I know it means you've got to stock more fork options, which is hassle, but at the same time it means that if you run a disc you don't have to have the Magura mounts on, which is a bonus strength-wise.

More options for vee users please! :P

That looks so much better when it's lighter.

Will you please bring some of these prototypes out, they always look cool, then thats last thing we ever end up seeing them.

This will be brought out at some stage when Andrei is happy with it. As for the rest of the frames.....The Ice and Limey 20" have almost completed production now. Graphics have been sent to them so they should not be too far from completion. All frames will make it to the market eventually.

Are those dropouts 135mm spacing, Joe?

Yes they are, (Y)

It'd be sweet if the Tensile forks were either Magura or disc specific. I know it means you've got to stock more fork options, which is hassle, but at the same time it means that if you run a disc you don't have to have the Magura mounts on, which is a bonus strength-wise.

I've had a chat about the forks and it looks like we will bring out a disc only and a Vee/Maggie/Disc version too. Where the Maggie mounts are on the back then you will also get a set of Vee boss's that you can screw in if you like to go on the front.

I'm off to try and out that camera out now so I can get the new Limey 1.6 up.

Here we are, The 2nd prototype of the Limey 1.6.

Changes made are: Extra brace plate, Straight chain stays, Incorporated brake booster, Horizontal reverse 135mm drop outs, More refined top tube, Cable routing holes and thicker seat tube. This was all mainly to stiffen up the back end. The paint job is also something we are testing out too. Very hard to photograph but trust me it is a very classy finish. The adjustments we made has put a few grams onto the frame though. It now weighs 1.8 Kg.

Geo: 1085 WB +35 BB 385 CS BB to HT Reach 660mm.

Edited by Joe@Onza

like the frame :) think it looks really good. cant wait to get a shot of one. :).

My only criticism is regarding the logo, well not the logo as such, just its location, and the graphics of the frame. Im sure this is unlikely to be the finished paint job, however if you look at the graphics on the koxx boxx, and i think if onza could incorporate a tad more 'design' into the graphics this would benefit the frames no end.

just a thought.

geo and frame style looks good though :)

Why no disc mount. :(

There's no holes for snail cam bolts either, which would make chain tensioning a real pain to do.

But other than that, I really like it, and I actually would quite want one!

Edited by Muel

There's no holes for snail cam bolts either, which would make chain tensioning a real pain to do.

Looks as if there are threaded holes from the front of the dropout so there will be a bolt through them that pushes the wheel back, and MUCH better idea than snail cams i recon!

Adam

Why no disc mount. :(

But other than that, I really like it, and I actually would quite want one!

no need for snails on this frame.............. uses the method of a bolt to tension...............

joe why dont you hard anodize the frame rather than paint???

another idea.......... in my oppinion the threaded hole used for the tensioning bolts hsould be helicoiled, as i see this as a potential problem for people stripping them, if helicoiled they can simply be swopped.

maybe helicoiling from the factory for the 4 bolt mounts for maguras would be a good idea???

ashley

no need for snails on this frame.............. uses the method of a bolt to tension...............

joe why dont you hard anodize the frame rather than paint???

another idea.......... in my oppinion the threaded hole used for the tensioning bolts hsould be helicoiled, as i see this as a potential problem for people stripping them, if helicoiled they can simply be swopped.

maybe helicoiling from the factory for the 4 bolt mounts for maguras would be a good idea???

ashley

We have had one anodized, Here is a pic, Not too keen on the colour. It was me feeling all brave, ha ha. >_<

The drop outs have a lot of thread on them and once you have screw the bolt in I would be surprised if you managed to strip it. Good point though.

What's the head angle on the latest 1.6? The geometry is spot on with what you've put down there, maybe one of my next rigs.

71.5 Head angle. May change this though.

Edited by Joe@Onza

We have had one anodized, Here is a pic, Not too keen on the colour. It was me feeling all brave, ha ha. >_<

The drop outs have a lot of thread on them and once you have screw the bolt in I would be surprised if you managed to strip it. Good point though.

71.5 Head angle. May change this though.

not keen on the colour used either..........but i honestly think that an anodized finish offers such a better quality finish and image towards te company. lots more durable than a painted finish as well, plus the bonus of being lighter.

maybe a black anodize or silver would look nice??

ashley

One more thing i would LOVE to see.

Smoothed out welds....what would be the additional cost on the RRP if you were to get smoothed welds?

like the old cannondales ? they did look pro. I would worry about mass produced frames from way out east that had half the welds ground off ...

I would worry about mass produced frames from way out east that had half the welds ground off ...

What, like Cannondales? :P

Nah, the smoothed weld thing is plenty strong enough, they actually weld three times, it's stronger than a normal weld (but quite a lot heavier per frame).

What, like Cannondales? :P

Nah, the smoothed weld thing is plenty strong enough, they actually weld three times, it's stronger than a normal weld (but quite a lot heavier per frame).

you mean they put three times as much weld on in the first place or they actually weld it three times ?

gotta say i love the look of the limey 1.6, some really neat features, think the idea of helicoiling the main threads i.e. four bolt mounts and tensioner threads if a great idea.

drei's proto does look a lil rough, but i can see the basis of a decent bike, looks as iff you could lose a fair amount of weight too...

get a streety geo bike out, something to fill the hole where the echo control used to sit.........?