New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

care for individual pictures of rims with respective wieghts, drillings wheel sizes please? also, without annoying a bike shop, would you be doing a genuinley ultimate build-up, with avids/hopes new onza rims, light forks, etc?

Not with my set-up, I've got a creepy crawler on a Monty TI rim, and it only rolls if I'm hopping on the back wheel on a surface that's pretty damn steep!

In theory you could use lower pressure with these wider rims, giving more grip with larger tyre surface area, without the risk of increased the tyre roll.

We’ve all seen Benito’s tyre roll in comps, the rims are also for there comp riders. If it gave my riders an advantage i would make them.... just thinking why they are made wider, ect

Maybee its time to pust the trials boundarys if they work to give more tyre grip, that would be worth it, from there you could then make larger tyres to fit, ect ect

To put it in a quick simple answer,

When building any of our top riders bikes they get the choice of ronnie or hog rims. They all say Hog straight away and give Tyre roll the reason behind it. So for me to bring out thinner rims then I would be going against some of the best riders points of view.

Its not quite 49mm. To be precise its 48.72. So we should not see any problems with rims not fitting frames.

I'll do some more pics soon on the rims. Little busy at the mo with the pics of the new bikes being released.

Cheers Joe

Edited by Mike Poyzer @ Onza

To put it in a quick simple answer,

When building any of our top riders bikes they get the choice of ronnie or hog rims. They all say Hog straight away and give Tyre roll the reason behind it. So for me to bring out thiner rims then I would be going against some of the best riders points of view.

Its not quite 49mm. To be precise its 48.72. So we should not see any problems with rims not fitting frames.

I'll do some more pics soon on the rims. Little busy at the mo with the pics of the new bikes being released.

Cheers Joe

Quite a few people have problems with the 47mm rims not fitting frames though.

Seeing the pictures, it makes me curious as to why you only had the outer wall CNC'd? why not do the inner wall too and get the full square hole effect? After all with a milling machine/cnc machine it is not had to work it a little deeper and take out both walls at once?

Adam

I know we could have done that but further problems would have ensued such as de burring which increases costs even further. The plain fact however is that there are implications in strength when putting square holes in alloy and we felt that putting the holes in both skins would leave such a skeleton product, that increased failures would occur. If riders wish to take it that one step further then they are welcome to do it themselves at their own risk. We are producing a product which we will be selling through a reputable chain of independent cycle dealers and do not wish to take risks with both our and their reputations. We thought that leaving the back skin with the round holes, would maintain the integrity of the overall rim without dramatically increasing the weight.

We test all our products thoroughly before launch but there is no substitute for genuine sales to really find out what riders will do to your components. If things go well we may consider squaring the rear holes as well in the future or even dropping the eyelets.

How easy are the eyelets to get out? Can they be got at with pliers or would they need drilling?

EDIT: Why on earth have you taken the finish off the sidewalls, it's a completely wasted process! Everyone who has DD would want black sidewalls, and all the maggy uses would grind it off straight away.

Edited by Muel

anyone remember how well the 48mm echo rims sold/performed?? not very well i seem to remember, i forsee the fact the only people using these rims will be spoilt kids who's parents buy them what ever they want, people with too much money and your sponsored riders...

bikes look good for the money though

For once, Do people like the paint jobs? he he. ;)

I've said it 3×108 times before an I'll say it again. Please redesign the Onza logo, it's got to be well over 8 years old now an trials has come a long way in that time, surely time for a facelift?

anyone remember how well the 48mm echo rims sold/performed?? not very well i seem to remember,

They sold alright 'cos they were colourful and big, but the actual rim design was turds so they just broke/flatspotted/shit the bed really easily. It wasn't anything particularly to do with them being 48mm wide.

I've said it 3×108 times before an I'll say it again. Please redesign the Onza logo, it's got to be well over 8 years old now an trials has come a long way in that time, surely time for a facelift?

The Logo is almost 20 years old, The Monty one is about that age too. Its not a great idea all the time to to change familiar logo's. I'm not comparing us to these guys but Nike, Adidas, Coca cola do not change the core of their logo as people see it and know who it is without reading it. We have looked at other ideas, Maybe one day.

We have changed it slightly over the years, Its become 3D, Not saying woo hoo arn't we snazzy but you know, it has changed.

Rims:

I have to agree with Mark that I don't think they did not sell due to them being 48mm, Proof will be in the pudding with sales.

The Logo is almost 20 years old, The Monty one is about that age too. Its not a great idea all the time to to change familiar logo's. I'm not comparing us to these guys but Nike, Adidas, Coca cola do not change the core of their logo as people see it and know who it is without reading it. We have looked at other ideas, Maybe one day.

We have changed it slightly over the years, Its become 3D, Not saying woo hoo arn't we snazzy but you know, it has changed.

Rims:

I have to agree with Mark that I don't think they did not sell due to them being 48mm, Proof will be in the pudding with sales.

Yeah but Nike/Adidas/Coca Cola all had logos designed by professionals, not a blind retard with a set of crayons. Their logos are simple, clean, and well designed, whereas yours is horrible. The Monty logo is also clean and professional looking, which is why it doesn't look dated.

Oh yeah, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Yeah but Nike/Adidas/Coca Cola all had logos designed by professionals, not a blind retard with a set of crayons. Their logos are simple, clean, and well designed, whereas yours is horrible. The Monty logo is also clean and professional looking, which is why it doesn't look dated.

Who ever they were, They were to do with the Californian Onza, In the early 90's. Maybe you would like to send me an idea of what you think a good Onza logo would look like? I'm always open to ideas.

doesnt matter, get warned by all the bum boy mods for speaking the truth these days

Edited by MikeHayes

I usually agree with pretty much everything you say, but how can you say the Monty logo doesn't look dated? :S

Okay going on their website it does look kinda shit, but when it's on frames it always looks alright.

Maybe I will send you an idea of a new logo, the question is, how much would you be willing to pay for one?