Xbox Live 360 Gamer Tags

Olly C

A friend was saying that the reason 5 was bad was 'cause it was made by the same guys as 3. Yet 4 were amazing because it was made by the same company/ team as 2. Dunno if it was production team or design or what, but yeah you get the idea.

Yeah Infinity Ward made COD 4 aswell as the original COD and COD 2. Treyarch are the group that made COD 2 : Big red one and COD 3 aswell as COD: World at war. It seems that activision are going to keep Treyarch working on the old style war games and Infinity Ward on the modern ones as Infinity Ward is the group working on Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2. Having played most of those to me it seems Treyarch make the better maps but overall the better games have come from Infinity Ward. Plus Infinty Ward only work on the Call of Duty series, Treyarch have made spiderman games and the most recent bond game.

The 360 just turned up (Y) Can't wait to get it home now... I'm going to hit Game at lunch time, and I'll either buy Cod 4 if it's in the preowned section or Cod:WaW if not.

COD4 GOTY Edt is £25 from Play & Amazing by the way

HazT, I'll be up for some CoD:WaW a bit later.

Will do.

COD4 GOTY Edt is £25 from Play & Amazing by the way

Whoops... I'll have to get that as well then. I'm sitting here playing it for the first time now... wont be playing online for a few days at least... to get the hang of the controls and stuff, but i've signed up to live and my GT is toastySpoon56 in case anyone wants to add me. Only game at the mo is CoD WaW

I think even when COD MW2 comes out, COD4 will still be the one everyone will eventually go back to.

Bloke I work with had a good reasoning behind it, there needs to be something radically different in MW2, in the same way that COD4 was revolutionary different in online play to its precessors.

I think even when COD MW2 comes out, COD4 will still be the one everyone will eventually go back to.

Bloke I work with had a good reasoning behind it, there needs to be something radically different in MW2, in the same way that COD4 was revolutionary different in online play to its precessors.

Most people went back because they realised they sucked if they didn't have automatic weapons, and the glitches and lag on CoD5 were just a pain.

Most people went back because they realised they sucked if they didn't have automatic weapons, and the glitches and lag on CoD5 were just a pain.

Yea, most people were used to being able to spray and pray with a red dot sight attached. as opposed to needing some skill to play COD5

just bought skate 2.

Anyone had any experience of using something other than the official wireless adaptor to connect to your wireless network? I'm not fancying having a lead across my flat, not able to move my router, and not up for paying a shit load for the official adaptor. I've heard you can use any old wireless router as a bridge... Is this just a case of plugging the new router into the power, and into the ethernet of the xbox? Will it automatically work as a bridge?

Yea, most people were used to being able to spray and pray with a red dot sight attached. as opposed to needing some skill to play COD5

just bought skate 2.

LMFAO cod5 is the easiest game ever, if youve got a ptrs you can kill them without even looking, and the stg just powns all other guns when it comes to close range!

this sounds big headed but i owned so much it got boring!

so cod4 ak47 alcaponage it is! (and being accused of having a modded controller is also fun when using handguns B) )

LMFAO cod5 is the easiest game ever, if youve got a ptrs you can kill them without even looking, and the stg just powns all other guns when it comes to close range!

this sounds big headed but i owned so much it got boring!

so cod4 ak47 alcaponage it is! (and being accused of having a modded controller is also fun when using handguns B) )

You ever consider its easiness might just be down to the other people not being able to use the none auto guns. I know my K:D is below 1:1 (mainly because i was playing HQ, when i started playing TD, it was more like 2:1, i know yours is summit stupid like 5:1) but i really do find a lot of my mates just not being able to hand a single shot weapon at all. and obviously the thompson etc aint brilliant short range, and the machine guns are rather innacurate,with smaller mags and no zoom (when compared to COD4, where you had a 100 round mag, a red dot sight, theyd be easy to keep somewhere near the target, let off 20-25 shots and chances are theyd be dead. till you get to level 37 on cod5, and get the stg, you really are at quite a disadvantage if you cant use a semi auto gun properly.

Thats my way of looking at it, theres some skill involved in cod5(hence you finding it so easy, as you have the skill) whereas cod4 people can get by with a heavy trigger finger, a red dot site, and a bit of knowledge of the maps.

I prefer 4 to WaW for these reasons mainly:

1) Modded controllers are now an even bigger advantage

2) The equivalent to flash bangs, SUCK

3) The maps arent half aswell designed (most maps on COD 4 can have multiple styles of player on [i.e sniper, close range etc] whereas WaW the maps are more specific, then there are the glitches)

4) The only snipe specific gun on WaW is unlocked far too late, I don't see whay you have to prove yourself with a gun to get the scope

5) I HATE KIEFER SUTHERLANDS VOICE

Hey JD, go speak to ZHI-Sam, he seems the man in the know about 360 hardware.

I prefer COD4, for the reasons mentioned. It's faster overall and the guns are pretty cool for this. But i prefer fast FPS, hence hating solo on COD4 too. COD5 is much easier to sit around and camp, still not knowing the maps yet and running round hip firing gets me killed too much. But it's generally easier to get 'that kill' because it's a newer game and there's a large range of people on there. Mostly kids/ people who will move on as soon as the 'next' game is out.

Though COD4 is good, i don't think it's that good where people will still play it in years to come or even refer to it.

I prefer 4 to WaW for these reasons mainly:

1) Modded controllers are now an even bigger advantage

2) The equivalent to flash bangs, SUCK

3) The maps arent half aswell designed (most maps on COD 4 can have multiple styles of player on [i.e sniper, close range etc] whereas WaW the maps are more specific, then there are the glitches)

4) The only snipe specific gun on WaW is unlocked far too late, I don't see whay you have to prove yourself with a gun to get the scope

5) I HATE KIEFER SUTHERLANDS VOICE

elaborate??

elaborate??

You aware you can get controllers with rapidfire mode, much like on the old ps1/ps2's, well theyve now come out for the 360,and some work on the Call of duty games online(believe not all work on certain games for some reason), which means if you hold the right trigger, the controller adapts the signal, and makes it as if your pulsing it at an extremely fast rate. on COD4 as the majority of guns where automatic, this had little to -no advantage(since on the bolt action guns, it took longer to reload than it did for you to press the trigger again, and you had to reaim, so was only any use on semi auto weapons).

but on COD5, as near enough all the none sniping rifles, are semi auto, it effectively turns them into automatic weapons, making them a lot more deadly, meaning anyone with them is at a huge advantage.(as they can just keep the trigger squeezed, use the right stick to keep the weapon aimed on someone, and squeeze of shots as quick as the gun will allow, as opposed to as quick as your finger will allow)

You aware you can get controllers with rapidfire mode, much like on the old ps1/ps2's, well theyve now come out for the 360,and some work on the Call of duty games online(believe not all work on certain games for some reason), which means if you hold the right trigger, the controller adapts the signal, and makes it as if your pulsing it at an extremely fast rate. on COD4 as the majority of guns where automatic, this had little to -no advantage(since on the bolt action guns, it took longer to reload than it did for you to press the trigger again, and you had to reaim, so was only any use on semi auto weapons).

but on COD5, as near enough all the none sniping rifles, are semi auto, it effectively turns them into automatic weapons, making them a lot more deadly, meaning anyone with them is at a huge advantage.(as they can just keep the trigger squeezed, use the right stick to keep the weapon aimed on someone, and squeeze of shots as quick as the gun will allow, as opposed to as quick as your finger will allow)

Oh i see, you can do with ur finger easy enuff though.. :S