Megamo

RicH_87

never thought i'd be posting in here again...

anyway i eventually managed to fix my pc so i can finally post pictures of my 'new' bike,

sorry for the crappy pictures but it took me longer to build than i thought so it was actually getting dark by the time i finished. Paint isn't quite as perfect as i hoped but it's not too bad.

IPB Image

IPB Image

specZ (for the people that care):

Frame: Megamo Expert

Forks: Echo Team/Lites 03

Cranks: Megamo 185mm (i think, they are deffo looooooong)

Freewheel: Tensile

Pedals: Gusset Slim Jims

Stem: Echo Team

Bars: Monty

Headset: FSA Pig

Front Brake: Hayes So1e

Rear Brake: Magura 04/evo mounts/Koxx Bloxx Bluee

Front Wheel: Koxx on a Hope xc

Rear Wheel: Alex on a Quando.

Chain: KMC Kool

Booster: Still rocking the carbonique.

I do have a bashplate but i've decided to live life on the edge and leave it off...

thanks to all the people that sold me bits and to tartys for being awesom-o.

cheers.

Well.... (I'll try to be contructive)

I must be the only one but I really don't think that's too great. It's hard to put my finger on it as it's a nice bike in terms of spec, methinks it's the forks. If you had some white straight blades on there I think it'd look super! But it does look as though the picture was taken in bad lighting so I guess it looks way better in the flesh..

As it's all about the colour co-ordination on this bike, a black headset would would be tons better. As the different blues just look, well, kinda tacky to me. Although I guess the headset goes with the Magura, but that should be black too :P

Oh, and the Megamo cranks'll be 175. Have fun though Rich, all Megamos were a dandy frame - as you very well know. It's nice to see something different also. It looks like there might be enough room, please put a proper seat on there!

Are you going to put stickers on it?

Edit: Jeeeese, this topic was put up last night and has already had over 2000 views!

As it's all about the colour co-ordination on this bike, a black headset would would be tons better. As the different blues just look, well, kinda tacky to me. Although I guess the headset goes with the Magura, but that should be black too :P

Oh, and the Megamo cranks'll be 175. Have fun though Rich, all Megamos were a dandy frame - as you very well know. It's nice to see something different also. It looks like there might be enough room, please put a proper seat on there!

Are you going to put stickers on it?

Edit: Jeeeese, this topic was put up last night and has already had over 2000 views!

i agree about the headset and the magura, but this bike was built on a budget so having two items that worked had priority over two items that looked nice. I was going to strip the magura but the paint took so long to arrive for the frame i got bored with it and just wanted it finished. The headset is equally gay, i agree but i wasn't going to go to the hassle of removing it, plus i am a pedantic to the max so me buying a new headset would probably result in a chris king....not something i can really afford.

again i agree on the megamos being sweet. I have a super duper old megamo in the garage which was my original idea for the project but i thought i'd see if i could get a newer one first, which i did...obviously, and yeh i remember your old megamo, i was so close to buying it when you sold it but again, funds said no.

i was also going to try and fit my odyssey junior seat on there somehow but couldn't think of a decent way of holding it on so gave up on that.

and no, i ain't got any stickers that would suite it so it's staying naked.

thanks for all the nice comments, irony is that although it looks street to the max, it'll probably be seeing most action in the form of shipley glen, as i no longer have any riding mates so street isn't that appealing by myself.

• 2 weeks later...