Anyone Ride Dmr V8's?

Phil H

Ah crap. Got two completely different opinions :S !

Si - im not sure the fact you have got through 6 pairs is a good thing.

And James your a king so got to take into account what you say. Do you ride V12's then?

Phil

i have had that many pairs because when they get tatty, i just get a new set, and at £20 they are chep.

Had V12;s aswell, bearings f**ked up in them.

Had no problem whatsoever with the V8's structurly, was just cosmetics and age really

I have wellgo V8 replicas and have served me very well. I had my last pair for over 4 years.

V8s and V12s are essentially the same arent they? only the V12's have sealed bearings? Aslong as you know how to use a dob of grease you can keep V8's running well.

agree the welgos are ace i had mine for 2 years and there still going never changed a pin.

Cherers guys for the feedback but looks like I wont be getting the 12's or the 8's because I bent my cranks this afternoon and need some new ones :( But guess that will be another topic.

Would appreciate feedback on that topic.

Cheeers

Phil

i feel that, stupid echo cranks. by the way V8's are the pedal to own, as long as your not a monster drop gap dude they should do you fine (Y)

Edited by MikeCottTrials

Shimano DX. Need i say more?

Edit: V8's.. bent axle.. I dunno if this is a one off and no one else gets the problem.. but i wont touch the crap again. Pretty sure my friend sam had troubles with bearings on his.

And the alloy cap thing on the inner edge is a pain in the ass.. always slides down and looks tacky.

Edited by Jang

i have used v8 pedals for i dont know how long.

i have used the current set for a year and a half maybe? they still spin and have pins in them. they're alright, but i'm sure ones with better bearings are nicer, but just like expensive headsets, i see little point. they grip alright so i am happy.

and for the record, i paid 5 quid for my headset, which is now over 2 years old.

My mate had the magnesium V12's

About 3 days later the pedal ripped straight off the axel.

Dont know if this is due to them being the magnesium but i would have still thought they should have lasted longer than 3 days but also was just a dodgy batch or somthing.

Cheeers