Rear Profile Disk Hub On A Monty

nigel@hull_trials

Alex's was odd ridding it, felt soft as anyhting!

My Proto was stiffer than his!

Hahaha

no it weren't pete.

montys are mint.

don't listen to the above.

they snap if you run a profile as you have to basically stretch the frame to fit a profile.

so in my opinon id go with freewheel.

montys do ride very nice indeed.

Get one.

It was uber flexy. Monty now and back then mate was a long time and thing then where done right not a money thing where as now it's about making money!!!

I nearly got a Monty last week but said no

Stop seriously talking, make no you sence.

AT ALL.

OH MY GOD.

Anyway, I don't think it would line up correctly because it would already be bending out the frame more than usual, so you would need the mounts re-facing or something? and it'll probs crack anyway.

Mat

Stop seriously talking, make no you sence.

AT ALL.

OH MY GOD.

Anyway, I don't think it would line up correctly because it would already be bending out the frame more than usual, so you would need the mounts re-facing or something? and it'll probs crack anyway.

Mat

mats right, a profile and a disc and a monty frame dont work. just get monty hub and run ffw. btw montys are great to ride. they arent too short, the reach is long due to the headangle and you can bunnyhop unlike a python which is basically a small stock

They fit fine all this about them cracking is just silly. Joe Seddons had his on for well over 6 months and theres no cracks on that and Joes not the type to hold back!

You do though have to machine the profile disc face so the disc can mount a little closer to the wheel. Thinks it 1mm not sure. If your intrestead in persuing the idea let me know and i'll find out from Joe.

In my opinion the Monty beat every frame I ever had apart from the long Team. I now hate mods but when I was riding them, the Monty was by far the nicest frame of them all. Very bouncy and incredible on natural. Just a perfect extension of your body.

that pretty much sums up a month, they feel perfect, things are easy on them due to the fact they go exactly where you want them too.