Rear Wheel Always Moving - Ends Up Touching Pad

AlexC

Hey,

Ever since I've had my Onza T-Pro my wheel will _always_ move across to the drive side and ends up touching the pads and the wheel will not even do a complete rotation if you try to spin it. I align the wheel up perfectly and tighten it all up, solid - the bolts are not loose at all, yet even if I just ride up the road and back again my wheel would have moved over and already touching the pads, that's without doing anything!

Why is this? It's really annoying :angry:

Does it lock up when you spin the wheel by hand? Or just when you ride it?

Have you tensioned your chain at all since you had it?

Yes it locks when I spin it by hand, and when I ride and coast a long I slow down pretty quickly. Which makes riding a trials bike to places even harder :P

What do you do to 'reset' it into the centre?

Undo the wheel bolts and tensioners, wiggle the wheel around a bit - then put it back straight and tighten everything back up. It's like an F1 pit stop :lol: I can do it so fast now as I have to do it before every ride. >_<

well your chain may be a link to long in which case the chain tugs will not work? if so take a link out and try to tighten it all again? if this is not the case loosen the wheel bolt, then tighten the chain tugs (align the wheel when doing this as well) then once the chain is tight enough, do the wheel bolts back up (Y)

Edited by rwiley

Hey mate,

My profile mod hub did this a while back.

When you are moving your wheel back center check if the sides of it a perfect flush with the side of your chainstay. Making the hub perfectly straight, Once it is adjust your pads to suit the new place of the wheel and tighten everything up to the max and your done.

Hopefully that helped maybe a bit unclear add me to msn for more details and pics if your desperate.

chisholm62@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Aidan <_<

Edited by chisholm

I had the same problem with my standard onza t pro rear hub after around 2 months riding. I noticed it was graudally wandering to one side and also it became less easy to spin as I rode along.

After about a fortnight the hub packed up completely and wouldnt turn at all. I opened it up to find that the bearings had dug a ridge across the inside of the hub and most of the bearing surface had worn away.

The hub was un usable and I reccomend a new sealed bearing hub (such as the onza t master) before it locks up mid gap or at some other dangerous time...

Edited by huge