Battle Of The Steel 24 Frames

streetjibs

Does anyone know the exact geo of the now obsolete Ashton Ed Tongue 24" frame... especially the HEAD ANGLE .... info required asap for custom Leeson or Freshprod??? opinions ... stronger???

thanks

Todge at Fresh Products will know the Geo of the ashton 24", as the first frame he built was based on that frame. Email him (Y)

(Y) thanks all...

One last question... as im gettin a custom steel 24 and i live in oz... i wont be able to send back frame if it cracks -

So, which do people think is the strongest - Curtis?? Freshproducts ?? or Leeson ??

any info would be helpful as its expensive and i need to get it right first time.

thanks danny

Yeah, you will be able to send back of something goes wrong with it. Just cost abit of cash to post it, My friend has just brought a Freshproducts 24" Exact same Geo as the Ashton ED Tongue frame.

Todge done a real good job in it. I'd recomend Freshproducts or Leeson

Well the 24" Leesons seem strong, but then quite a few of them have broken. If you're in the UK, it's easy enough to have Clive fix them and send them back, but if you're in Oz it's not so easy. The FreshProducts ones might be OK, but they're completely unproven as yet. And the Curtises are not indestructable either, and they're a lot more expensive.

So it's a hard one. I'd go for a Leeson I think. If you're an "average" rider it should hold up fine :)

Ill try and help make your decision a bit easier.

I'm unable to build FP frames until next summer (Uni constraints, other work etc).

I've had both the Curtis and Leeson frame previously, so Ill try to help you out a bit. The overall build quality of the Curtis is better in my opinion, and I also reckon they are stronger/can be made stronger, but, the price does reflect this too.

Where as the Leesons have been known to break a fair bit, this is likely to be due to the fact that they are more widespread throughtout the trials world.

So, I've not really helped at all :ermm: