New 24' Frame Out Soon!

Jonny Jones

The steel frames on sale in the UK are hand-built in the UK though, which is bound to put the price up higher than mass-produced frames from a Taiwanese factory?

Yeah, Clive Leeson told me that if you buy 1000 or so frames from Taiwan etc you can get them for ~£25 each, thats painted and everything. So companies that do half price replacement etc still make money when someone breaks a frame!

On the other hand he said that each Leeson frame has abour £70 of tubing, then he has to get it sprayed properly, and the logos, and all the time is takes to hand weld each one to an individuals prefered geometry...

Gareth

It's just another steel 24", they all look the same(given that's a nice paint job, translucent rust sorta colour?),

I guess there's not much that can be done with steel really so most steel bikes are going to follow the two triangle design.....

Yeap.. another boring frame..

All 24" steel frames look the same.

Just get a Heatsink 24UK. Much sexier, colour choice & I have ridden Derfs and its beautiful!

24UK ***

Tarq

Fair enough, but another frame on the market is giving people choice. Some people might not like the 24UK. I personally think they look cheap and ready to break, but thats just my opinion and as you said Fred's feels nice to ride so there you go.

"We're definitely going for the highest quality steel. Whether it will

be Reynolds or TrueTemper, we haven't decided yet. It will not be the

cheapest frame on the market, even though we want to keep the price low

enough, but it's going to be a quality one!"

Thats something else they've said... so I guess you can expect nothing but amazing quality and a swish ride! More soon.

J.

More info for you (before you all loose interest...)

"The first batch of frames should be available early in 2007. Even though

this is the final geo, this is not the final design, you can definitely

expect something very neat and refined. High end cromo tubing that will

be used really isnt less expensive than aluminum tubes, and will

definitely provide a stronger frame, and a sweeter feeling. 24" is already

quite stiff. This will be the final color.

The only reason there's not more info yet is because this was a custom

frame project in the first place and now frames will be going into

production because people have been asking for it. Still no name for the

brand. There's no rush since the first frames won't be ready until

January. All the information will be available then."

So I guess just watch this space. I can understand if some of you get annoyed with this kind of way of introducing a new frame, but as its been put, it wasnt going to be a mass produced frame. Im looking forward to it! ^_^

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

If it's canadian, by the paint job I'd say it's a dobermann (here), but those frame are made (yes made, not painted) in the same city where I live. So it would probably have gotten posted on the local forum, way before here, so there could be some doubt. But then again if christian@simtrabikes.com rode it there could be some damn good chance it's them since the cyclesimtra headquarters are in the region also... Anyways, if it's a dob, that's definitely my next frame!

Also, side note, the rear tire is a Arrow Racing prime bite, and those are quite rare tires and so it happens one of the local shop, with who dob deals with sells arrow racing.

Hope I'm right... but of course the only way to tell if I'm right is in a year. :P

EDIT: to add a bit of credibility to my post, dobermann makes, or at least wanted, to make custom frames.

Edited by paolo

• 1 month later...

nice paint job and always good to hear that some else has ventured into the 24" wheel world of Trials. (Y)

Shame about the geometry though. (N)

Why is it that everytime someone builds a 24" wheeled trials bike it is always super short, has a steep head angle a 26in length chainstays? :(

What gives? you don't make mods that way what makes you think 24" is any different! Come on! :angry:

Someone build a 24 wheeled trials frame around these figures:

WB: 1050-1080mm

CS: 350-360mm

BBH: 20-60mm

Headangle: 70-72º

I know I had my 24" frame made like a stock/mod hybrid and not like a BMX! :rolleyes:

Short of a custom bike (eg iolo) no one is doing this!

Shame about the geometry though. (N)

Why is it that everytime someone builds a 24" wheeled trials bike it is always super short, has a steep head angle a 26in length chainstays? :(

What gives? you don't make mods that way what makes you think 24" is any different! Come on! :angry:

Someone build a 24 wheeled trials frame around these figures:

WB: 1050-1080mm

CS: 350-360mm

BBH: 20-60mm

Headangle: 70-72º

I've been looking ot do something like this for a while now (seriously, this isn't a load of PW (Pete Wright...) ;) as you can ask Steve at Heatsink (was hounding him a while back!)

Looking to try building something around;

WB: 1050-1060

CS: 370-375

BB: +45

HA: 71-72º

Low standover etc...

but need someone to build it cheapish for me, or to be able to do it myself...

Any offers...?! :-

Sorry to revive this thread, but I have the proof I was right, it's a dobermann, give me a prize now !

I can't get a decent link, sadly here's just the picture with there stencil and if you want the real thing to prove I didn't just photoshopped it and hacked my way into there site to put it, head over to http://www.dobermannbikes.com/ then pop up the main window then media, product pics, scroll down to Custom Fabrication, and voilà !

"The only reason there's not more info yet is because this was a custom

frame project in the first place and now frames will be going into

production because people have been asking for it. Still no name for the

brand. There's no rush since the first frames won't be ready until

January. All the information will be available then."

Trialmedia, quoting dob, I guess. :-