Starting Bristol Uni

SuperDeathMonkey

Wooooooo

a rider into bristol :D

yay

any ideas which halls youre going to be in yet ? - I was at UH and i have to say it was awesome - it was the cheapest hall and the best - the best bar and to be honest - the best people - not full of the usual bristol toff rich kid bastards...

anyway when you arrive in like two months (uni slackers) give me a shout - my msn is on here somewhere.....

I'm starting Bristol Uni this year and was just wondering if anyone else is starting or already there

Not sure where i'm living yet but should be in some student halls

I'll be starting my second year in a month or so. Most of the first years live at the top of the city which is a bit of a ride down into town. What are you studying?

i'm studying electrical engineering and have applied to stay at either university hall or durdham hall

Haha - you lucky b*****d - 4 years of easy going (Y) I wish i could go back and slack doing that all over again - good choice of halls too .... :-

I'm going to Bristol! :D

Move up on 1st/2nd Oct, studying Mathematical Engineering (basically, I can do a bit of maths, so this way I can do bikes too :P)

Staying at 61/63 St Michael's Hill (Right next to the Engineering dept. unlike the halls :- )

Gonna be awesome.

Also, I'm really keen to look at building/making a few different parts and stuff when I'm there, so if there's a few of us about then anyone else who fancies it, we should hook up and do that as well as the obligatory rides ;)

Don't know if I'm gonna take a bike for the first few weeks or so 'till I'm sorted and sussed the place out a bit though.

I'm not going to bristol uni :( i'm at newport, which is about 40 minutes on the train, and when im at home i live in weston super mare, which is about 20 minutes on the train, so when i get my new bike ill come ride, even though i suck and havnt ridden for years!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else going to Bristol?

Also, are you guys taking your bikes at the beginning of October when you go up, or gonna leave it 'til you've got the place sussed out a bit more.

Think I'm gonna leave mine at home for a bit until I know where I'm going to be able to (securely) keep my bike etc (In a student house so hopefully be cool with it, but you never know...)

OOo lots more people to ride bristol with! Glad Ive moved back to somerset now!

Rowan how often do you guys ride up there (with berridge etc) ?

I know we didnt hang around that long on friday when in bristol, the other guys had to get home so...

Be good to get up there again and ride with u all, really enjoyed gettin back into riding and loads to do in bristol!

I think a big bristol ride needs 2 be organised for when you lot have all started uni!

Should be fun :)

Well I'm starting chemical physics this year, initially I'm taking me bmx and trials bike but the trials bike will go home if there's not enough room.

EDIT

Just checked I'm in Winkworth, does anyone know if theres a decent bike lock up?

Edited by div

ive got all like the new echo and try-all parts on my GU which are pretty much the lightest components, appart from my hope mono rear hub and onza bb (which is like grams heavier than most bbs). and my bike weighs 25lbs!! so i dont know how all of yours are so light unless all my parts are deffectively heavy or summit...oh well...

Where the hell is winkworth ?

like it was said earlier - keep your bike in your room if you can - Uni lock ups are like come and help yourself jobs.....

everyone should bring their bike when they first come up - there really isnt much to suss out about uni life ... Just drink yourself stupid on the evenings - do a couple of lectures and ride during the day ... Plus the trials bike will help you sus out the lay of the land...

awesome mate - its class, although - fingers crossed for some sound flatmates...

oh and dont lock your bike in the sheds - they are extremely shit - just put it in your room - noone will really care.

youve now got first night at the bar to look foward to - hahaha get ready for everyone you meet asking "so what course are you doing ?" hahaha freshers fair as well - dont sign up for anything silly you will never do ....

I was in Winkworth for my first year. The bike 'room' there is pretty damn good, better than any other place. It's like a basement room that you have to get through 2 locked doors to get in to. Loads of room too. I ended up just keeping my bikes in my room after the first term or so because it's easier, and I prefered them there.

But yeah, a really good place to live. Near loads of good riding spots :) and Uni (obviously not as important!)

aint goin to uni there, but currently have block release college there.

all i can say is how big is oceania?? (SP), was in that place last night, pure heaven.

and lloyds,about the only llloyds i been to with a proper dance area and a decent dj, an a cost of bollox all a pint.

also waltzed into some invite only party in the elbow room on wednesday when the bouncers wernt looking, sure that place would be banging come a weekend as it was packed on wednesday

Right, I think we need to sort out a big trials-riders meet-up and pissup for the first (or maybe second) night there.

May as well hook up and get to know each other a bit (in an entirely non-sexual way, unless we really hit it off.... ;) ) since we're there for a few years, and gonna ride at some point!

Not entirely sure where/when as haven't had a proper look through the paperwork yet, but anybody else up for it?