Quick Opinion On Choice Of Pads

trials_noob

I need some view on what would be best to run on my rear set-up.

My choice is between running Zoos with smooth rim or Heatsink blues with ground rim? I have both, i just need to know which combination to put on the rear.

I need to know which will have best bite/hold.

Thanks

Edited by trials_noob

I would have bought reds but i couldn't afford them :( So had to settle for blues

Edit: I know there is pad review topic but i really need the info as to which is better when compared, as i am unsure whether to do the grind or not, as zoos wear too fast on the grind so don't want to make a mistake.

Edited by trials_noob

It depends how well you want your brake to work. Maybe try a light grind.

I'm running Hs11 with Coust Blue in CNC Backings on a light grind on a 19" DX32.

Seems to work better than the rest i've tried.

Up to at the end of the day.

I recommend Onza Citrus! 11 quid from Tartybikes and work well, very well. Cheap and effective. (Y)

It depends how well you want your brake to work. Maybe try a light grind.

I'm running Hs11 with Coust Blue in CNC Backings on a light grind on a 19" DX32.

Seems to work better than the rest i've tried.

Up to at the end of the day.

I recommend Onza Citrus! 11 quid from Tartybikes and work well, very well. Cheap and effective. (Y)

Is that a mistake, if not whered you get them from?

Is that a mistake, if not whered you get them from?

Depends on what colour they really are. I remember them being blue (ish). But yes like the site says they are infact clear green so my mistake.

I will go have a look at what colour they look like on my bike later.

You can't really compare the two. It depends on what kind of braking you actually want.

Zoo's on a smooth rim will probably give you more power and hold than the blues on a grind. But with the zoo's you will have a very very good wear rate. But you will loose all power if it rains.

However, the blues on a grind will be more consistant. Less reduction in power (than the zoo's on a smooth rim) in wet / cold weather. It will have alot worse wear rate too. But probably wont be as powerful as your zoos'

I'm personally using zoo pads on a smooth rim, and in this heat, the tiniest amount of tar.

So i'd vote the zoo's with a smooth rim.

Magura Kool-Stops on a medium grind - perfect!

I have been using this.....forever, and been telling a fellow rider how good it is, and he changed to this the other day from Heatsink blues.

After he complained they wouldnt work in the wet, but Koolstops do! Excellent grip and they last forever. Oh, and you dont break the sound barrier everytime you brake!!

Tarq

You can't really compare the two. It depends on what kind of braking you actually want.

Zoo's on a smooth rim will probably give you more power and hold than the blues on a grind. But with the zoo's you will have a very very good wear rate. But you will loose all power if it rains.

However, the blues on a grind will be more consistant. Less reduction in power (than the zoo's on a smooth rim) in wet / cold weather. It will have alot worse wear rate too. But probably wont be as powerful as your zoos'

I'm personally using zoo pads on a smooth rim, and in this heat, the tiniest amount of tar.

So i'd vote the zoo's with a smooth rim.

(Y) and maybe a dead/very light grind

Edited by bhups