Gu With Double Disk?

Joel

I have been looking for a new mod to get in the furture and I have been looking at ones with rear disk mounts as I think bikes look sexy with Double disks. I reckon the GU would look fabulous with double disks and was wondering if there are plans to have rear disk mounts on the 07 frame. Is there?

Isnt brazing a steel thing ?

wasnt there an adaptor that hope made for non disc frames ?

No you can braze onto aluminium but you have to get it heat treated after so that it doesn't weaken the frame.

Yeah hope made a specially designed caliper and hub for non disk frames but they are hard to come by now.

Woodman make a Disk brace type thing as-well. I'll try and find a picture

IPB Image

Thats the one.

Edited by bob87

Haha!! That's my old beast that is!! Was that on trialsin.com? I went through a phase of dual disk mods but they all broke. About 4 of those Echo EM2's all cracked at the disk mount, a megamo equip pro which cracked at the mount and then two revell frames which the less said about them the better...

Dave

Haha!! That's my old beast that is!! Was that on trialsin.com? I went through a phase of dual disk mods but they all broke. About 4 of those Echo EM2's all cracked at the disk mount, a megamo equip pro which cracked at the mount and then two revell frames which the less said about them the better...

Dave

Quiet you! Double disc's are making a come back, don't you worry. They're just not entirely mutant action man proof yet..... :P

Rich

a friend of mine had orderd a brand new gu short and had the opption off a rear disk mount and he took it im not sure if its freshly made and they put it on on request or the shop did it for him but its still coming with it so its all good.

Cheers Jack.

a friend of mine had orderd a brand new gu short and had the opption off a rear disk mount and he took it im not sure if its freshly made and they put it on on request or the shop did it for him but its still coming with it so its all good.

Cheers Jack.

Where he order that :huh:

Cheers Jack.

Yeah, where did he order that?! :huh::huh:

To be honest, though, just 'caus bikes look sexy with double disc setups shouldn't be the reason you want to buy one. Because, from my experience, on street, dual disc bikes are shit; you catch your disc's on sidehops all the time, the lock isn't comparable to magura's on big rail drop gaps, and, for me, a noisy brake is very re-assuring.

And, Gaz, who's is that GU, with the dual disc setup?

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b