Pro 2 T Rear Hub Review

Ash-Kennard

as it turns out , the end bearing in the freehub is just to crap to put it straight, its too small, they have adressed it and will be changed in due course, they did conisder a bushing being used, but have opted for a taper roller bearing.

bit of a shitter really, mark, they didnt spend ages developping bearings they were just awaiting delivery.

also leaf springs have had a slight change, the size of radius has been altered to a greater size to stop them snapping, they now seem ok after running them.

ash

Thats sucks, I'd hate to buy something only to find they have changed the design because what I bought had problems.

Those who have allready bought them, where do you stand with regard to the changes being made, I take it it's unlikely they would upgrade for free, with them starting to charge for service's and such....

Couldn't the people just send their 'dodgey' hubs back and get a brand new one sent out?

Hope are good like that...

In that if they're changing all the springs (of which many people have snapped some?) and changing the freehub bearings, I'm guessing every single Pro2T sold could be considered "Dodgy", meaning it'd be a total recall (good film :P), which they're unlikely to do?

not everyones having problems with the hubs though, whats the point in hope changing everyones if some of them are still fine?!?!?!?!?! if people have problems with them, THEN send them back and get the new version.... thats how i think it should be done.

i dont know why hope didnt get someone worthy of testing them in the first place, so issues like this could be sorted before they got put into production. its pretty obvious that who ever was testing the hub wasnt doing any good.

i dont know why hope didnt get someone worthy of testing them in the first place, so issues like this could be sorted before they got put into production. its pretty obvious that who ever was testing the hub wasnt doing any good.

Who Waynio? :rolleyes: Pretty sure he was "worthy" of testing it? So either he was talking extra extra extra bullshit when talking raving about his hub or he geniunely didn't have any problems with the prototypes.

Talking of which, where is he? Not posted in a while, I miss his full stops...................... :(

Edited by Shaun H