Pro 2 T Rear Hub Review

Ash-Kennard

First impressions, nice, light, sexual. I couldn't stop just clicking it lol. I then built up the wheel with nice new spokes and a nice new rim, all goes well. I then came to put the wheel in my bike and set my brake up, and I realise that the hope ss kit which comes free with the hub is too short with one piece missing (the cog wobbles) and too long with the last bit in, the lockring cant reach, so i just took the extra bit out and did it up really tight and just hope that the cog bites in abit to keep it still. That sorted, i now put the wheel in, when i did this i thought it was quite a bad idea from hope to have the bolt threads on the drop outs, but no problems have occured yet with that, so ill let that pass.

I have had 7 minor hub skips with it, but i consider that as bedding in, seeing as they are becoming less frequent. The engagements feel very solid and make an absolutely lush sound when you spin the wheel.

used for about a week now and my decicsion is an overall very nice hub and i am very, very happy with it.

ps. thank you tartybikes for delivering my parts soo bloody fast. and also a major shock from bikedock sending my new rim and arriving the same time as my tartybikes good. well done bikedock, thats a first (Y)

ash-kennard

Edited by ash-kennard

Ill stik with my king. although was thinking of getting one as a spare wheel. But my mate has sent hes back twice as it exploded twice ( i think) ( i know it broke twice but not sure if sent back twice) anyways i have heard more bad than good things about it. Yes they sound rarther nice but nothing is liek a king lol. May still get one unless someone wants to sell me one. But hey its your choice.

Coming from a king there aint much defference really you cant notice the difference in engagement too much really happy with mine so far after running it for a couple of weeks now, heard some storrys of the hub body cracking.

But if you have a king and it is working nicely nothings broke on it, then there's no point in changing, kings are awsome, i hope my hope is to but we'll have to see :rolleyes:

Edited by Kyle Hinchcliffe

Two of my mates who ride stock have these hubs, one of them rides with chris king and that hub i find is amazing it rides really well and i also love the noise that they make and the other one a pro 2 hub which is also a very nice hub it rides very nicely. But i would have to say if i could have either of them it would be chris king.

Edit: Also very good review ash top quality!

Edited by lawrence osborn

ive got one i find it alot micer than a chris king. theres no flex from anywhere when the hub engages and i cant actually distinguish between a king and a pro2t engagement wise too much at all. my hope hub has never skipped on me (touch wood) a top hub in my opinion. especially for the price (Y)

Well, Ive had one since they came out - and its been pretty damn great - other than a while ago it started sounding abit rough and minor skipping . . . . . (i say a while - i mean couple of months)

finally took it apart yesterday and found id been running on only three pawls - as one of the springs had snapped - but everything else about the hub was fine - amazing - superbly strong - basically ive been running one of the engagements on 1 pawl for 2 months or so with no real problems = (Y)

Have you ever ridden a Chris King, If so how do you think they compare?

I'm thinking of making the change to a Pro 2.

there is not really any difference between the feel of a king and a pro2. both nice solid engagement.

my king feels much the same as ash's pro2 really, they just make two very different but both very nice sounds! :P

Tom

Wasn't the launch delayed before 'cos they spent ages getting the best bearings possible for it? I seem to remember one of the reasons for it taking longer was 'cos of that, or making sure they got the bearings to keep the freehub stable or something like that?

The bearings are sh**e, sent mine back after it turned to filings and wrecked the whole freehub, then recently bought a new leaf spring for it after one snapped, it still skips.

Hope amateur 2 has a long way to go.

Yep,

Ian

LMFAO!

I've ridden a friend's and it seems ok. A *little* more solid than my King but I'd still never change, just no competition for it. :D