./

Sponge

I have just jumped to page 6 because i cant be bothered to read the other pages lol but:

I don't no what deng is playing at with the 116 wide frames :ermm: what made him do this I will never know. Might be so he can sell his hubs more.

The new frames look smart though.

Looks like i got to sort a rear king out now :angry:

I should get the new zoo! frame soon! so i will post pictures on my site soon. www.neiltunnicliffe.com

Anyway.

Laters. Neil.

no one slags him off for having laters. Neil. at the end of his name, hmmm wonder why that is :rolleyes: On a better note i think that frame looks awsome, it'd probably be my next frame after i kill my zona.

You wont kill your zona, there immensly strong, also the new frames look well nice.

My zona will be nicer than all of the new deng frames when its finished though. :shifty:

Dan.

It all sounds good to me.

All this faffing with tensioner and shit, now stock riders can just get a proper setup. Fixed rear hub and an eno. :D

I don't think the '26" mod' name will catch on. They arn't anthing like a mod, just tweaked gearing. They're effectivly still going to ride the same.

Just looking forward to the topics in NM, "I just bought a new pitbull, where do i put my SS tensioner / why won't my wheel fit".

I like the fact that they went back to a +20mm BB and horizontal dropouts, but 116 spacing??? what are they thinking? but whatever, I dont think it would be that bad. The chainstays wont have to flare out too much, I guess you can swap parts from mods but i wouldnt care. A little loss in stiffness going narrower, If you have a narrower hub, that means your spokes arent as spaced out which means a wheel that isnt as stiff. Gosh, theres a reason why 26" wheels have 135 spacing. I guess it isnt TOO much difference. I dunno

SOOOOO

maybe this 116mm hub could be a good idea then? possibly? except the extra cost incurred by purchasing one of these frames. We will see........

I think ive come around to these, there is too much slating without back up, no-one knows how well it work, and deng has justified himself on OTN perfectly well. so we will see :)

ben

Have I got everything wrong, but with a Deng hub, do you have to use a 15t cog?

If so, I'd find it very hard to get a new Deng frame, or a Deng hub, as I'm running 16:14 with my King.. And the Surly cog was expensive! And my bash only covers 16t...

From the Horses Mouth on OTN:

about 116mm frame space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Deng. Since Ken from thetrialsinshop and HUGO from HBTrials told me 116mm frame space is a totally bad idea, I think I should come here to see what people think about. Now I see most of people don't like it. But the main reason is the frame don't accept the KING hub.

Some something I want to say:

1)116mm frame space is not new to trials. All 20" trials bikes with CNC dropout have same space. 116=110(standard bmx hub)+2*3(snail plate thickness). So you can choice the hub you want.

2)Why the same system is ok for 20" rim and tire, but not 26"? Just because the wheel is bigger?

3)These frames are MOD 26". Not a STOCK bike. It's different concept. Of course they can't accept XC hubs. They are trials only design. If you don't want to have a 26" MOD bike, these are not for you. But if you want a bike better for trials, 26" MOD are much better than 26" STOCK. Because these frames are special design for trials use.

4)The wheel with MOD bike hub is stronger than 135mm XC hubs which with cassette body, because Mod bike hub DO have wider flage, the rim is at the middle of the hub shell.

5)I would like to say the advantage of the MOD 26"

a. Shorter hub axle is much stronger. wheels with mod bike hub is strong.

b. Without hub cassette body / cassette cogs / derailleur / chain tensioner is lighter.

c. Don't have to worry to hit the derailleur and tensioner and crack the hanger when doing sidehop.

d. Straight chain stays and seat stays give a non flex rear end. More powerful.

e. The bike looks very clean and simple.

The result is stronger; lighter; less worry; less flex; clear looking. Why we don't make it?

After all 26" MOD available, we will make some 26" STOCK frames for people just want to continue ride a STOCK bike.

Any idea? Don't say F##K S##T any more, please.

Deng

From the Horses Mouth on OTN:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Deng. Since Ken from thetrialsinshop and HUGO from HBTrials told me 116mm frame space is a totally bad idea, I think I should come here to see what people think about. Now I see most of people don't like it. But the main reason is the frame don't accept the KING hub.

Some something I want to say:

1)116mm frame space is not new to trials. All 20" trials bikes with CNC dropout have same space. 116=110(standard bmx hub)+2*3(snail plate thickness). So you can choice the hub you want.

2)Why the same system is ok for 20" rim and tire, but not 26"? Just because the wheel is bigger?

3)These frames are MOD 26". Not a STOCK bike. It's different concept. Of course they can't accept XC hubs. They are trials only design. If you don't want to have a 26" MOD bike, these are not for you. But if you want a bike better for trials, 26" MOD are much better than 26" STOCK. Because these frames are special design for trials use.

4)The wheel with MOD bike hub is stronger than 135mm XC hubs which with cassette body, because Mod bike hub DO have wider flage, the rim is at the middle of the hub shell.

5)I would like to say the advantage of the MOD 26"

a. Shorter hub axle is much stronger. wheels with mod bike hub is strong.

b. Without hub cassette body / cassette cogs / derailleur / chain tensioner is lighter.

c. Don't have to worry to hit the derailleur and tensioner and crack the hanger when doing sidehop.

d. Straight chain stays and seat stays give a non flex rear end. More powerful.

e. The bike looks very clean and simple.

The result is stronger; lighter; less worry; less flex; clear looking. Why we don't make it?

After all 26" MOD available, we will make some 26" STOCK frames for people just want to continue ride a STOCK bike.

Any idea? Don't say F##K S##T any more, please.

Deng

Yer...thats already been posted earlier in the topic (Y).

I think the new frames are awsem , Deng has pulled his finger out.But it still says the python has long chainstays (correct me if im wrong).

The adament is perfect geo for me B) looks likethats my next frame.

Edited by Deonn h

Yer...thats already been posted earlier in the topic (Y).

I think the new frames are awsem , Deng has pulled his finger out.But it still says the python has long chainstays (correct me if im wrong).

The adament is perfect geo for me B) looks likethats my next frame.

Nah Deonn The python has short chainstays, just a error on Panpa.

I have just jumped to page 6 because i cant be bothered to read the other pages lol but:

I don't no what deng is playing at with the 116 wide frames :ermm: what made him do this I will never know. Might be so he can sell his hubs more.

The new frames look smart though.

Looks like i got to sort a rear king out now :angry:

I should get the new zoo! frame soon! so i will post pictures on my site soon. www.neiltunnicliffe.com

Anyway.

Laters. Neil.

Your such a women Neil. Real Men run Profiles, i spit on your king.

Personally think the idea of 116mm Spacing is the best idea anyone has ever done. lol I know alot of people have gone out and bought Hope Pro2/kings but no-one is asking you to buy the Pitbull.

Many People are complaining about the use for comps, the fact that you won't be able to use the pitbull due to it not having 6speed. Since when have people used pitbulls for comps anyways?

Edited by Mr_Pitbull

I think now people have got over the intial shock, they're warming to the idea now. But it doesn't excuse how crap its going to be for stock riders to buy new hubs when their old ones work perfectly fine (N)

Definitly think horizontal dropouts are a good idea though (Y) ....wait that's given me an idea!

I have some good news for the majority of you :)

Ken - Thetrialsinshop's owner - Published a little part of an email with deng !

Part of an e-mail from Deng.....

OK, I will make 26" frames for ADAMANT / ECHO / ZOO!, all available in 2 size. This is the only way to keep everyone happy.

I'm not going to push riders to buy my hub. I just think a frame with 116 space is the best, then I make it. I'm not just thinking about the money.

So he's listened to what the majority thinks, and will make both spacings for the Adamant/Echo and ZOO lines. I think he may be going with vertical drop outs too for the 135mm spacing ...that may have been lost in the translation

It's good to know that he listened to what other peoples thought ! and that he will make them in 2 versions :)

Edited by An_toin3

Right so let me get this straight.

Deng has basically built and mod and a stock frame into one ? :S

So there will be no more mod and stock in 2007 in dengs eyes ? :S

Dan.

p.s- f**k me im confused.

Edit: Also is this a chance for 26" riders to runa profile ? :S

Edited by Danny Kearns

Edit: Also is this a chance for 26" riders to run a profile ? :S

I think so (if he's going to make "stocks" in bmx spacing, as well as "normal stock" spacing") i wonder what we'll have in a few more years? mods with gears? (mite be fun) maybe we should have a "what will deng do next thread?" I'm waiting for zoo/echo/czar/etc branded hopes (monty and tryall got them, i want one for my zoo! :mellow: )

GAH this thread has confused me deng boycot anyone?

I have some good news for the majority of you :)

Ken - Thetrialsinshop's owner - Published a little part of an email with deng !

It's good to know that he listened to what other peoples thought ! and that he will make them in 2 versions :)

ooh thats good news. the geo on the new frames sounds good. now its in 135mm it sounds great. and if its horizontal dropouts could be even better