New Hubs From Echo/zoo!/gu/czar/adamant

Akira_Shock!

'Morning, just woke up to check my emails before heading off. Looked on Tartybikes.co.uk and saw these hubs in the 20" and 26" rear hub sections... The pictures that are currently on Tarty look a bit "fake" or pirated. Regardless of that, they seem to be all like the old Echo freehubs just with a new brand name etched on. I don't understand why the Adamant and Czar hubs are £10 more than the Echo/Zoo!/GU ones... :S

Nothing too special to look at, at the moment, but they exist at least:

http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/category.php?id=62

http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/category.php?id=21

off to ride now. :)

48 engagments :huh: were they not more last time they were releasing these?

Yeha, the earlier prototypes were 72 click, but they weren't as reliable as hoped, so they went back to the drawing board and these new versions are totally revised (after 6+ months further testing).

Yeah, but weren't they using 1 pawl at a time?

Much skippage?

They used 2 pawls at a time, but the teeth on the ratchet were very small.

The new hubs have been designed to be very similar to a Pro2 internally (Y)

I'll post pics of the internals as soon as I can :)

Adam

thats beasty smartness from deng al create the same parts but change colour abit and change stickers and people will buy them all hahahahahahahahah :lol:

but to be fair to the man he has brought out some good stuff echo pures, controls adamant a1 etc better than paying out your arse for koxx sometimes

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

Maybe Deng just took the pro2 internals, put them in a different hub shell and that's it... :shifty:

This is my "Wouldn't be surprised face": :mellow: Nah, I guess he could just copy the internals. Having said that, it's more the stability of the freehub body and stuff like that you've gotta watch out for, although if it's SS I suppose it's a load shorter and should be stronger... We'll see. Shotgun not buying first one!

better than paying out your arse for koxx sometimes

I know I should've grown out of laughing at Koxx jokes, but even so :P

Anodised Blue GU parts... Love it :rolleyes::wub:

Just what is point in creating the same products over and over again with different labels?

Why not just have the echo dischub how different is the Gu,Adamant etc dischubs going to be?

:huh:

Cheers

Mitch

Just what is point in creating the same products over and over again with different labels?

Why not just have the echo dischub how different is the Gu,Adamant etc dischubs going to be?

Cheers

Mitch

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Looks like its just little sticky out bits on the hub bodies that make them different... much in the same way all the other parts only have slight cosmetic insimilarities.

Edited by Krisboats

Cheers

Mitch

Wider Market, Some people like to kit there bike out with matching labels, such as myself. i like to have ZOO parts on my ZOO :D. If Deng released a new batch of GU parts over the past 6 months and not ZOO/Adamant/Czar. People would be complaining in some shape or form.

The only annoying thing with this new batch of stuff is the fact hes released no new stems! Although the new rims look VERY Promising from what ive seen :shifty:.

Wider Market, Some people like to kit there bike out with matching labels, such as myself. i like to have ZOO parts on my ZOO :D. If Deng released a new batch of GU parts over the past 6 months and not ZOO/Adamant/Czar. People would be complaining in some shape or form.

The only annoying thing with this new batch of stuff is the fact hes released no new stems! Although the new rims look VERY Promising from what ive seen :shifty:.

New rims???

Is it gonna be like....If its a Zoo! rim it'll have a 'Z' for the drilling? and a 'E' drilling for Echo etc...?

:turned: