My Current 24" Bike - Something Different!

Heatsink

I recently sold my 24UK frame onto a home where it will be used more, leaving me with no bike to ride! So for my much needed evening rides, I've transplanted the 24" components onto a 26" frame. Check out the brake adapters which I drew up and were excellently realised by Edd Potts,Dave85 on TF.

Here are some photos:

IPB Image

^ A Base TA26 04 frame with the laquer and stickers removed + 24" wheels

IPB Image

^ The intention was to run Vees on the rear, so the adapter has got Vee mounts rather than 4 bolt ones. When running a 24" wheel in a 26" frame, space is tight for brake pads since the 26" Vee mounts are directly inline with the wheel rim, cutting down on the pad movement range. It turned out that it was easier to set-up and run a magura on these adapters. If I get a second version made then it will definately be a 4 bolt version.

To attach the adapter the Vee bosses were unscrewed and the adapter bolted ontop. Those out riggers are spacers from my Heatsink CNCed booster and the white patches protecting the frame are cut from a milk carton and held in place with sellotape! The Vee booster is a quick and crudely made band saw cut jobbie that I rustled up, with the pretty and non-circular dimples dropped in using a tower drill.

IPB Image

^ Edd also produced for me this polished RB lever including his own improved TPA he makes, mounting position filed back to fit the Maggie body. I'm not currently running it because it's a little too long for the riser bars, but will be used on the top secret uber-pimp 26" frame I'll be building up in a few weeks time.

IPB Image

^ Heatsink Proto tensioner - The plan was to get a batch of these made. Maybe it will actually happen one day! Thanks again to Edd for putting the elbow grease in!

The geo includes a 1040 wheelbase and a tasty 20mm BB drop! So it requires more effort to bunnyhop than my 24UK with the same components did, but I'm still having lots of fun riding it :)

Steve

Are you going to be getting another batch of the 24UKs?

I've a new batch on order at the moment, more info on my site about that. A great colour choice too in future :)

And what is this uber-pimp 26" you speak of?

From the ground-up, freshly designed 26" frame which will be unveiled in time.

Liking it steve, the tensioner looks really beefy, like cartman on weight gain 4000.

Sure it will resist a few knocks (Y)

The final tensioner will have some CNCed cavities, so won't look such overkill!

• 1 year later...
A blast from the past!

Soon those 24" components will be built into a new 24UK Mk2 :) No long to go now.

Steve

how long is not long now???

month- 2 month?

have they gone to production? are they on a boat? are they in customs?

just out of interest?

i like the idea of the big frame and wee wheels though- i nearly got a mhz and dropped the mounts on it... for a laugh

yer any info on the new 24 frames? might be tempting if theyre at a good price

I heard today that the new 24UK Mk2s could be delivered with me the 22nd of Feb, all being well. Manufacture will be complete on Mon/Tues.

To be honest, following going over every inch of the Mk1 to decide on the Mk2 design, the plan was then to bring over a couple of example frames to float with the Trials public. But quite a few riders were chasing me for the Mk2, and wanted to get on-board when I started to talk about my ideas, so now we have a larger batch coming over, mostly pre-ordered or verbally agreed as orders. There may only be a few spare frames left over and it looks like these will sell quickly.

I've got a few products I'm tempted to press the go button on very soon, and I'd like to see how the mk2 is received so I can judge how to take it forward. If the 24UK is embraced, then I will keep the momentum going :) I'm looking forward to finally seeing the new features realised on the Mk2, and seeing what everyone thinks. I'm very pleased with the number of improvements over the Mk1, and also excited about the new features to be revealed! Exciting times!

Steve

Any chance of releasing those tensioners :P I no I would defo have one :D

What was the reason they wernt released ?

I must admit I wasn't won over by the fixed tensioner idea. From riding it for a while, I think sprung is better for no maintenance chain tension. Now you mention it, there is a new design in consideration which will be aired soon!

26" frame is needed, Steve!

1070, 375, +20, 72ish, perhaps :rolleyes:

Thanks for your suggestion! It's all noted! I'm not ruling anything out at the moment :) 2008 is going to be an exciting year. I'm all ears (eyes?) and prowl TF like a hawk looking for ideas!

Steve