Nicky Wilson (nickyw)

Spikenipple

I had the same thing i got the bike and the pedal came off then i found out that the rear hub was screwed and the rim was dented in FIVE places but the guy was cool about it and work out how much to replace the stuff and tuck the money on the price i had payed (Y)

Sam

p.s never pay for soming in less you no 100% its fine now i pick all my stuff up or save more money and buy it new

You bought something second hand what do you expect? If your that fussed over stripped threads, random gaps etc just buy new. Its the same with postage.. its not our "trade" to sell and deliver stuff on time.. so why expect someone to jump to it when you say? You have to realise everyones life doesnt revolve around this forum and trials. I admit some people can take the piss a bit but its the risk you take selling or buying on here.

Why has my second hand condom got cum already in it. :

Well you'd be annoyed if you were told that it didn't have any cum in it, but it did when it arrived wouldn't you?

I'm only doing this because this bike's un-rideable because of something completely out of my hands, which I think is only fair!

Why don't you find something constructive to do other than trolling?

Well I'm not interested if they can, because so far Nicky's being only reasonable about it as he's been looking for ways to get me another set of cranks, but whether anything materialises is yet to be found out.

Violence is far from necessary so far :P

Wo, i well didn't see the attachments.

To be fair, it sounds like he is just down right stupid.

Much like me buying a car of someone "there is some tapping, but it runs ok, it must be nothing". Right.

Also, i well wouldn't even bother clicking the conversation open if they had a MSN name like that, especially not to engage in a transaction.

It's a 48 spline type, but i'll get a picture in the morning to clarify.

If it's suitable, what's the length? :-

The DK ChopStix on this bike are 175mm long and as i'm sure you can understand it's preferable to have the same length of crank on either side :P

Fair enough Simon, I don't know if your example is real but if it is at least you were told that there was a clicking in the first place!

Ooh and Trialsboy if it's the right jobby and you want a bit of moolah for it, i'll pay for it and take up getting money back from Nicky so any difficulty with money isn't moved to you :P

cant believe your wanting him to pay for a cranks stripped maybe he dent mention it but bah tis second hand there is bound to be problems with a second hand bike somewhere psecifically trials why dont you just leave it about the cranks etc an just be hapy you have the f**king bike holy shit whats 30 - 40 pounds for a set of cranks you would of probably gone and bought some new ones anyways.

the problem with people is they want first class service from everything an thats not possible in this world. especially now ebay etc has arrived.

That's 30-40 pounds i'm not willing to spend on a problem that wasn't caused by me in the first place and wasn't mentioned when the deal was being arranged, even though Nicky knew about it.

Why don't you read the thread and then try empathising with me?

cant believe your wanting him to pay for a cranks stripped maybe he dent mention it but bah tis second hand there is bound to be problems with a second hand bike somewhere psecifically trials why dont you just leave it about the cranks etc an just be hapy you have the f**king bike holy shit whats 30 - 40 pounds for a set of cranks you would of probably gone and bought some new ones anyways.

the problem with people is they want first class service from everything an thats not possible in this world. especially now ebay etc has arrived.

So if you didn't have a job and saved the money to buy a bike second hand and when you recieve the bike it has problems that they haven't told you, your telling me you wouldnt be the slightest bit annoyed? I know I would be even worse having to fork out another £30-£40 on something the guy should have mentioned, maybe then they could have sorted out some agreement. Not everyone is as rich as you.

Rant over

Adam

He sold him a bike, yes it is secondhand but he didnt say there was anything wrong with it,

the guy who sold it should pay to fix a relatively major fault like that, its pretty much ripping him off

by selling him a non working bike as a working one.

So if you didn't have a job and saved the money to buy a bike second hand and when you recieve the bike it has problems that they haven't told you, your telling me you wouldnt be the slightest bit annoyed? I know I would be even worse having to fork out another £30-£40 on something the guy should have mentioned, maybe then they could have sorted out some agreement. Not everyone is as rich as you.

Rant over

Adam

i did get one like that the bb was bent and the bars were bodged :| i didnt complain its a secondhand bike i made sure i had some money aside for these problems. which i knew there probably was going to be, am not rich at all i'm just smart with my money and for see possible scenario's i just hate monjy bitchs granted the bike should of arrived quicker than it did regardless of excuses but pointless coming on here whining about it and carrying it on pointlessly, over 30 - 40 quid of cranks which he might of changed sooner or later thats all am saying and also dont expect first class standards when it isnt a shop which offers this.

people lie or bend the truth its life and if your going to get all hyped from one situation like this you mgiht aswell be 70 yrs old an just sit in a chair and moan at the world like most old people do

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

Well if you didn't make a fuss when you got something that was far from how you expected it, you're an idiot.

not an idiot just have better things to do with my life than moan, my bike was sorted the next day and i was out on it, better than moaning about someone on a forum.

anyways end of story enjoy your new bike when you get it working

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

not an idiot just have better things to do with my life than moan, my bike was sorted the next day and i was out on it, better than moaning about someone on a forum.

Your bike was sorted next day, whereas his isn't able to be sorted next day? Probably why he's pissed off he spent £120 on a bike, got royally f**ked around with it being posted, and then it arrived with two defects? Yes, it's second hand, but so what? That doesn't give someone the right to be a fanny and not tell you about problems with it.

Your bike was sorted next day, whereas his isn't able to be sorted next day? Probably why he's pissed off he spent £120 on a bike, got royally f**ked around with it being posted, and then it arrived with two defects? Yes, it's second hand, but so what? That doesn't give someone the right to be a fanny and not tell you about problems with it.

Thanks, couldn't have been put better.

anyways end of story enjoy your new bike when you get it working

i dont even know how you can justify defending nicky. he's blatentley in the wrong.

To be fair though if the crank was threaded and the peddle fell off while you were riding it its your own fault for not completely inspecting the bike and making sure for yourself it was in a working condition.... something you should have done before riding it.

It does sound like he might have known about it before though, well at least that it wasn't 100% anyway, so he should have mentioned it felt a bit weird.

And am i right in thinking you were moaning over the little cable tension adjuster on the lever? Something that costs around £1 to replace or for free if you see an old bike thats not wanted.

Theres also the fact that you may be at a different skill level than nicky is. If he's not very good it might well be harder for him to completely strip a crank thread where as if you go out and start playing on it without checking it before and bust out some big gaps and drops and land them a bit heavy, your more likely to wreck it.

If thats the case the whole thing might have been avoided if you'd just checked the damn thing in the first place :ermm: . I thought it was just common knowledge that before riding a second hand bike you need to take most of it apart to inspect it. Take the bars and stem off, check the bearings in the headset, make sure the forks aren't about to snap, check the bottom brackets tight and that the crank arms are greased and tight, check peddles are greased and tight, replace the old cables with new ones (for steel cables not hydraulic), re-bleed hydraulic brakes unless stated as recently bled, check the freehub and innner tubes for wear etc.

Apart from pointing that out i take no sides and have no part in this conversation other than to remind buyers of second hand bikes to check them before riding them properly. And i'm also not looking for an argument so don't start one based on what i just said ;)

To be fair though if the crank was threaded and the peddle fell off while you were riding it its your own fault for not completely inspecting the bike and making sure for yourself it was in a working condition.... something you should have done before riding it.

It does sound like he might have known about it before though, well at least that it wasn't 100% anyway, so he should have mentioned it felt a bit weird.

And am i right in thinking you were moaning over the little cable tension adjuster on the lever? Something that costs around £1 to replace or for free if you see an old bike thats not wanted.

Theres also the fact that you may be at a different skill level than nicky is. If he's not very good it might well be harder for him to completely strip a crank thread where as if you go out and start playing on it without checking it before and bust out some big gaps and drops and land them a bit heavy, your more likely to wreck it.

If thats the case the whole thing might have been avoided if you'd just checked the damn thing in the first place :ermm: . I thought it was just common knowledge that before riding a second hand bike you need to take most of it apart to inspect it. Take the bars and stem off, check the bearings in the headset, make sure the forks aren't about to snap, check the bottom brackets tight and that the crank arms are greased and tight, check peddles are greased and tight, replace the old cables with new ones (for steel cables not hydraulic), re-bleed hydraulic brakes unless stated as recently bled, check the freehub and innner tubes for wear etc.

Apart from pointing that out i take no sides and have no part in this conversation other than to remind buyers of second hand bikes to check them before riding them properly. And i'm also not looking for an argument so don't start one based on what i just said ;)

Well I do agree with your points but the fact that the bike was sold 'in working order' led me to assume that there was nothing wrong with it when it comes to the basic function of the bike.

The brake cable adjuster thing has been replaced by me although the thread in the brake lever itself is a bit shagged, but it's the principle that counts really.