Nicky Wilson (nickyw)

Spikenipple

Hey all,

A deal is currently underway between me and Nicky. I've sent him a cheque for £120 for a DK bike, which he's received.

He stated last week that he'll send the bike as soon as he got the cheque. On the day he told me he got the cheque, I asked if he'd sent it and he said no. He said he was waiting for his Koxx frame to arrive.

This arrived this Monday (19th). When I asked Nicky if he'd got anywhere closer to sending the bike, he told me that he's been busy over the past few weeks and will send it as soon as possible, but with no guarantee of a date that he'd have sent it by.

It's now Wednesday, and Nicky's not taken any steps towards sending me the bike. He told me on MSN today that he wants me to come and pick the bike up, or meet him halfway. This isn't particularly practical as he lives in Nottingham, which is some 200 miles away from me in Trowbridge.

Nicky's tried to present alternatives to posting it such as me buying a train ticket and meeting him at his train station and going back with the bike, or me driving up to get it, which is completely unacceptable, as Nicky's not even given me a reason why he's apprehensive to post the bike, and I have asked him on more than one occasion.

At the point in the conversation on MSN where Nicky wanted to ring me, he asked for my number and when I explained to ring my mobile phone, he stopped talking. He's been active on the forum since he stopped talking, and he's now either offline from MSN or he's blocked me.

If anyone can either talk to him themselves or PM me his phone number, i'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers,

Mike.

Hey all,

A deal is currently underway between me and Nicky. I've sent him a cheque for £120 for a DK bike, which he's received.

He stated last week that he'll send the bike as soon as he got the cheque. On the day he told me he got the cheque, I asked if he'd sent it and he said no. He said he was waiting for his Koxx frame to arrive.

This arrived this Monday (19th). When I asked Nicky if he'd got anywhere closer to sending the bike, he told me that he's been busy over the past few weeks and will send it as soon as possible, but with no guarantee of a date that he'd have sent it by.

It's now Wednesday, and Nicky's not taken any steps towards sending me the bike. He told me on MSN today that he wants me to come and pick the bike up, or meet him halfway. This isn't particularly practical as he lives in Nottingham, which is some 200 miles away from me in Trowbridge.

Nicky's tried to present alternatives to posting it such as me buying a train ticket and meeting him at his train station and going back with the bike, or me driving up to get it, which is completely unacceptable, as Nicky's not even given me a reason why he's apprehensive to post the bike, and I have asked him on more than one occasion.

At the point in the conversation on MSN where Nicky wanted to ring me, he asked for my number and when I explained to ring my mobile phone, he stopped talking. He's been active on the forum since he stopped talking, and he's now either offline from MSN or he's blocked me.

If anyone can either talk to him themselves or PM me his phone number, i'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers,

Mike.

He's being a bit weird with me too , over TEN POUNDS for a ps2 game. f**king ridiculous.

Hey all,

Cheers,

Mike.

Ok,basically i went offline because my msn littrally signed me off saying its in repair or something like that.I did ask for your number earler today and I waited for about 10 min's and thats when msn took me off.The note you sent me with the cheque actually is a wrong number as the old man seemed confused when he answered the number.If you think iam being werid..You can easily just block me from cashing the cheque as i havnt even cashed it in yet.I can even show you on webcam that ive got the cheque as soon as msn let's me log on.Also mate I have no box for the bike and just imagine how much it's gonna cost for the bike to be posted as it is steel.If you also think that iam dodgy,then I will just send your cheque back and ill put the bike on ebay and say it's for pick-up only.If your moaning about not having the bike when you want it then why bother makeing this thread?!?

All I was saying is that it will just be faster and less stressful and easier for you to meet or pick it up but..NO you wasnt having none of it.Iam just trying to sort my family out at the moment as there not happy chappys.Also dont forget I do still go school mate.

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Jun 21 2006, 08:55 PM)

He's being a bit weird with me too , over TEN POUNDS for a ps2 game. f**king ridiculous.

Expalin why iam being weird. :closedeyes:

obviously none of my buisiness... and to be honest i havent even read half of the convo... but yeah... nicky's a sound lad... give him his time and hes not gonna rip you off... hes a sound lad and i have bought enough off him and hes bought alot off me... :)

Nicky- I wouldn't say that it's easier or faster getting the person thats buying your bike to get himself on the train to come and pick it up, as when selling something postage is always the sellers responsibility, no matter how much it may cost. You should of thought of that when you decided on a sale price. For example if you wanted £100 for the bike, you may of added £20 to cover postage. Your not making any profit by adding the extra, you can just say includes postage too.

When I sold you my BT frame and backwheel for £150 (which I thought wasnt bad at all) I had to fork out £30 for postage!!!!! I didn't turn round and say noooo way, Nicky can come from Nottingham to come get it.

:rolleyes:

Nicky- I wouldn't say that it's easier or faster getting the person thats buying your bike to get himself on the train to come and pick it up, as when selling something postage is always the sellers responsibility, no matter how much it may cost. You should of thought of that when you decided on a sale price. For example if you wanted £100 for the bike, you may of added £20 to cover postage. Your not making any profit by adding the extra, you can just say includes postage too.

When I sold you my BT frame and backwheel for £150 (which I thought wasnt bad at all) I had to fork out £30 for postage!!!!! I didn't turn round and say noooo way, Nicky can come from Nottingham to come get it.

:rolleyes:

I understand robbie,It's just that hes making such a big deal out of it via this topic and on msn.Msn has logged me in now and he isnt on.Basically there was no point of making this topic as it will eventually get closed. :sleeping:

Also mate I have no box for the bike and just imagine how much it's gonna cost for the bike to be posted as it is steel.

To be honest mate this isn't my problem.

I've even told you on MSN how to get a box from a local shop or elsewhere.

I don't care how much it's going to cost you to post it, as you agreed the price of £120 posted.

I apologise about the MSN screwing up earlier, it has been temperamental for me too recently so I do apologise for that.

I'll PM you my mobile number mate.

Thats out of order you cant agree on a rate including postage then say nah you can pick it up !

its not much hassle really find the number of a courier company (not parcel 2go there shit)

therell do next day for like £12 and come to your house !

Heres my 2cent as im a bad mood.

i HATE waiting about to recieve something, especially if ive payed alot of money for whatever item.

Now dont be a dick, and dont come up with bullshit excuses.....youve been down.....family problems, so what...whats 20 minutes in the day to sort out , going to the post office or whatever. Seriosly what a load of bullshit.

Just get his bike sent, dont worry about the postage, so what you might loose a few quid. If your worried about loosing a abit of money, wait till you grow up sunshine. Just take it like a kick in the nuts and send the bike.

THE END (Y)

Heres my 2cent as im a bad mood.

i HATE waiting about to recieve something, especially if ive payed alot of money for whatever item.

Now dont be a dick, and dont come up with bullshit excuses.....youve been down.....family problems, so what...whats 20 minutes in the day to sort out , going to the post office or whatever. Seriosly what a load of bullshit.

Just get his bike sent, dont worry about the postage, so what you might loose a few quid. If your worried about loosing a abit of money, wait till you grow up sunshine. Just take it like a kick in the nuts and send the bike.

THE END (Y)

(Y)

Well.

I'm under the impression that this is now sorted out, and i've been told that the bike WILL be sent tomorrow, as the cheque has been cancelled and the money has been paypalled directly because of a bit of a mess up with the cheque.

If I don't get an invoice number tomorrow, I won't be a happy bunny, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well. After Parcel Farce f**king up for a few weeks, the bike finally arrived here (on Wednesday).

It's a nice bike, everything's in fair condition, other than the two things that Nicky failed to mention.

The cable adjuster on the left hand brake lever is f**ked, like bent and the thread is stripped, which means the adjuster wiggles about and the feel of the brake is absolute wank. The brake's still useable, so let's move onto the next and more major thing...

The right hand side crank arm is f**ked where the pedal screws in. It was a bit dodgy when I first rode it, as there's a gap between the bit of the axle where you put the spanner on and the crank arm itself, which produces the effect of making it feel really weird when pedalled. On the ride home this morning from a friend's house, I noticed the wiggling of the pedal getting progressively worse until about halfway home the pedal simply....fell off.

The pedal itself is fine, although the thread is covered in a paste made of metal shards and GT85..

Upon inspection, the inside of the crank arm where the pedal screws in has absolutely no thread left in it, completely. It's just mashed up bits of metal and angled lines where the pedal was obviously screwed in at a funny angle, causing this problem.

Now these problems with the bike itself are of course solveable, but the thing that's pissed me off the most is that Nicky didn't even MENTION these problems when negotiating a deal with me for the bike. Due to the pedal problem, the bike is now un-rideable until a new crank arm is sourced, which of course I hope Nicky will be doing...

I'll be having words with Nicky when he comes online a bit later, but I decided to post this here now because instead of typing this all up later i'll just point Nicky to this post.

*sigh*

Edited by Spikenipple