New Onza Frame Design...

Mark W

i like the first frame. allthough the tubes have a small diameter they have taken measures to make them stronger. they are ribbed underneith. and the head/down tube area looks sweet. it feels realy light not sure of the exact weight.(sorry if its already been put up but cant be assed to read 3 pages of posts) its good to see a different looking frame for a change and i would love to get o go on one to see what the flex is like, and how the extra width on the top tube affect the rider. its built to the same geo as the limey i believe so shouldent be any problem there.

the 20" frame looks a beast. a bit on the heavy side, but then it seemed super strong and i like all the cut away gusset type bits on it. a bit like danny b's new frame!

rob

i always think its funny when people say 'it looks like it will snap'. how can anyone know until its ridden? ;)

i would ride both of those frames, no probs. i've been riding the t-mag since the london cycle show (9 months ago??) and thats still going strong.

I really like that mod frame, The headtube dosn't look to bad at that angle at all. Loving the tensioner part, mind you though i feel it should have a nut on both sides. But it's really looking nice.

I really like that mod frame, The headtube dosn't look to bad at that angle at all. Loving the tensioner part, mind you though i feel it should have a nut on both sides. But it's really looking nice.

Mine have been holding up so far with just one nut :) In fact, it needs to be a threadlocked nut maybe 'cos it just vibrates further along the thread... even so, holds it's tension without it there anyway (Y)

I'm a little confused by this head tube :S

I thought the big idea with these one peice headtube and cnc'd sections was that you'd actually increase you welding area because you could make a larger surface for the top and down tube to join to and still only have one join at the headtube.

This frame seems to have a seperat headtube and cnc'd section and what looks like a smaller welding surface on the headtube than a standered setup :ermm:

I wouldn't buy one for a least 6 months after they've been released to see how they pan out ;)

Chain tension idea is good although thats not exactly new but good on them for patenting it, just put it on some normal frames would you!

• 2 weeks later...

The new Onza Duel.

IPB Image

More info on www.onza.com.

Personally I dont think it is pleasing to the eye at least my own. It looks way too big aka tall (seat tube wise) and the rear triangle looks best suited to some cannondale cross country frame rather than a trials frame. I like the addition of a rear disc as it tends to be a rare thing these days but frankly even I might agree that running a disc on that frame might not be the smartest thing to do.

but its a prototype so i'm sure they'll smarten it up for production.

later

The Frame Danny is using is the new Limey 2 available end of August.

Edit: and the photos you wanted:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dam

Thats

Nice!

Not a fan of the Mod or the Twin tube frames though, look like a front hook will rape the head tube, snap, bang bollox. Ile wait and see =]