New Onza Frame Design...

Mark W

There are more frames to come, but they're patenting the design features first, so watch this space.

I'm guessing they're just trying out new ideas again, like they did a while back. Not a bad thing if something new and good comes of it thumbsupanim.gif

loads of people use split tt, so its a bit harsh patenting it :S , it is nice though.

Edited by mat hudson

good on onza for playing with metal !! :)

but i had a double top tube frame very similar similar shape,

and man does your rear foot knee get beaten !!

not good im my oppinion !

iolo.

good on onza for playing with metal !! :)

but i had a double top tube frame very similar similar shape,

and man does your rear foot knee get beaten !!

not good im my oppinion !

iolo.

I think the majority of forum users don't have a 'rear foot knee' so that shouldn't be an issue......

Im hoping they bring out something that makes me goo everywhere.

Like Stan said, i like the downtube idea very much. And that ridge that runs around the headtube and along the downtube, looks intresting. Maybe it is to help to prevent dents? But, the dual tobtube idea is a bit poor. Looks way too flexy, even with the internal booster! (N)

A bit more information from Onza wouldn't go a miss...

Cheers,

Joe.

Looks a wicked idea, great to see a bit of innovation once in a while! Lots of interesting ideas brought together...like the look of it a lot!

Few things that look a bit....iffy, but not being an expert I duno!

IPB Image

Does no1 else think the cnc'd bridge at the front of the chainstays looks a touch...slim? Its one of the biggest failure areas in a frame, and even though there's clearly some extra been added part way up...just looks a lil dubious! Dropouts are interesting....again very slimmed down so maybe the frame's more of a natty-style than a hardcore street machine :S

B interesting to see how the frame progresses, and maybe a few pics or a vid of it bein ridden.

<3 the colour aswell :)

IPB Image

That ridge sorta idea's pretty interesting? I keep noticing more stuff about that frame :S

Yeah those stays do look stupidly weak,

presumably someone must have ridden one?

I'd say the ridge is there for strength, and as such, that might end up being a fairly strong frame, but it's no 4130 BMX.....

I'd say the ridge is there for strength, and as such, that might end up being a fairly strong frame, but it's no 4130 BMX.....

I dont care about the downtube being strong if the rest of it is weak.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. :rolleyes:

Im not saying it is weak, just saying it looks weak on the chainstay before anyone starts moaning...

Im loving the second frame, with the scary headtube, surley it would be better off with a one peice headtube/cnc bit rather than having the cnc'd bit welded to the headtube. as there is hardly any cantact area for the weld on the headtube.

any idea on the geo of it?