The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Yeah, this road trip lacked focus. There wasn't much information about anything, be it the location or the cars and them running away is getting a bit old. Also the news segment featured one car, the rest was just filler. At least there haven't been any silly episodes yet where all the three do is make fools out of themselves.

Didn't think that much of it to be honest, didn't hate it or love it really. That Lexus gave me funny feelings in my rude parts and I don't usually like supercar type machines.

Agree with others it lacked any reason, think most top gears have been like that for a few years thou. Always prefer the 'you have a xxx budget to buy something'. Loads better.

• Like 1

Yeah but it was pretty cool, sure I've seen it on something else but I can't remember what.

I enjoyed the first episode but was pretty indifferent to this weeks, just seemed not to be any point to it whatsoever though to be fair it's not surprising they're running out of ideas. And the laser quest skit went on for far too long.

Twas alright, I was a bit disappointed they used the Mustang though. They're impressive but clearly a worse GT car than a Rover 200. Clarkson usually turns up in whatever is the fastest thing on the planet at that moment.

Hammond said it was about 10 years since the last big race, it wasn't at all, it was in December 2005.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it though. I especially liked the bits when Amy Macdonald was speaking. Mmmmmm...

Race was okay, glad to see Clarkson loose for once and their wasn't much fake suspense/jeopardy like there usually is which was good

Never realised Amy Macdonald was massively into cars.

She was speaking very slowly though, I suspect so the English could understand.

Edited by AndrewEH1

Was a bit meh I thought. Standard 'oh someone is going to win easily oh no wait its really close' race and not a lot else. Can't even remember the rest of the show, apart from feeling like I should fancy Amy McDonald due to her love of cars, but thinking she was a bit of a wet lettuce.

Was a bit meh I thought. Standard 'oh someone is going to win easily oh no wait its really close' race and not a lot else. Can't even remember the rest of the show, apart from feeling like I should fancy Amy McDonald due to her love of cars, but thinking she was a bit of a wet lettuce.

This.

In the past I used to be in stitches watching top gear all the time. But now it feels more like I'm forcing myself to laugh.

Eh? No-one have said they haven't liked it, and not one person has not had anything good to say.

Reading between the lines, each comment has actually said something along the lines of "Not bad, but not great".

Edited by Muel

just read through again yeah your right about that but if people are not enjoying it maybe they should leave it and watch something else?

if im not making sense probably because i am trying to revise for my heating exam tonight :P

i enjoyed last nights but yeah it was missing something...

Edited by Rob.

I think it is missing the excitement. I mean, as Clarkson usually turns up in whatever is the fastest thing on the planet at that moment, and the other guys are turning up in a different but intresting car, or stupid in case of Hammond, but al you saw that they are driving these cars in special situation and making funny situations kinda related to the car. Now they are just going on some awesome car. but there are not too funny situations. neither a good story, or anything. It is just missing what made it the best series in the world, a series, what my mum, who is completely is not intrested in the cars, could enjoy, and petrolheads more.

I agree, much preferred tonight's episode. Seampt like a vast improvement, if a tiny bit let down by Hammond in Mexico.

Not suprised by Lewis being quickest, but wasn't expecting it that quick! Always thought he was one of the quickest over one lap. I kinda wish his interview was longer though :/