The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

No, Perry McArthy was the black stig, killed off when he wrote about it in his book. More recently Ben Collins was found to be a stig when he tried to have a large picture of himself framed and was recognised in the shop in bristol.

Rumour also has it Lewis Hamilton did a short stint as Stig when Mclaren wanted him to gain experience of driving all sorts of different high performance cars.

Thats bollocks, Vincent's don't have "left hand" carbs.

There both on the left hand, one on the front and one on the back.

Also the XK120 wasn't the fastest production car in the world in 1949.

Shit.

*I know this, my name is Jarrod Vincent Mardell, I'm named after my uncles Series C Rapide...

Edited by Pashley26

Why has may not gotten wet once?

and hammond hasnt left the rain :S

Because Top Gear is scripted, and they often record their races on different days apparantly.

The race between Jeremy in the RS4 and the climber was recorded on different days apparantly.

Thats bollocks, Vincent's don't have "left hand" carbs.

There both on the left hand, one on the front and one on the back.

Also the XK120 wasn't the fastest production car in the world in 1949.

Shit.

*I know this, my name is Jarrod Vincent Mardell, I'm named after my uncles Series C Rapide...

jardo, the black shadow has one carb on the right hand side (for the rear cylinder) and on the left hand side (front cylinder)

jardo, the black shadow has one carb on the right hand side (for the rear cylinder) and on the left hand side (front cylinder)

Gutted, I didn't realize he was on a Shadow...

Most Rapides have that configuration now, because the two heads are exactly the same the front head gets used for the rear but backwards or remolded because the back ones get hot and crack. My uncles is the same :(

Edited by Pashley26

I can understand you not noticing, mate, it's not like Hammond was riding along saying "Black Shadow" all the time and singing about it...

Dunno, I only caught the part where he said about the left hand carb and then the ending when May won....

I've been pretty busy today haha !

theres one thing i dont get though if schumaker is the stig then how comes on the credits its listed as schumaker as the special guest and not the stig surely it would be like

JC

RH

JM

MS (cant be bothered to write there names)

i think its a hoach

theres one thing i dont get though if schumaker is the stig then how comes on the credits its listed as schumaker as the special guest and not the stig surely it would be like

JC

RH

JM

MS (cant be bothered to write there names)

i think its a hoach

a what? a hoax?