The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

I think the point they were trying to make was that spending money on modifying cars is a stupid idea and yet thousands of boy racers spend loooads on it. They spanked £10k on upgrades, trebling the cost of the car, and it went 6 seconds faster (I.e. less than 10% faster). Whereas if you spent £15k on a car (especially second hand) you could get something that was actually half decent.

The brakes were a silly idea, you don't need them if you're going to do one lap and then return to tweaking the car. Anyway, 7 seconds is still quite a lot, especially considering as it was a kind of people carrier. That's roughly the % difference between an Evo 400 and a GT-R. But yeah, they could have made it much faster, 1:33 easily.

I'm really glad TG is starting to do "proper" shows again. The last 2 shows were absolutely epic. The Veritas was supposed to be in this episode, shame they didn't have time to test it. Would be really interesting to see how fast it went around the track. Looks like it could be a killer.

I must say, the veyron was hardly slow.....

The noises that car makes is insane, the noise of the airbrake, and that engine. Its the sort of car thor would drive.

That zondas way more dainty, like an f1 car, sounds like one to.

Obviously it's not slow babe!

I (and i'm sure many others) just expected it to be faster than that :(

It was a shame, but it was well justified. The veyron must just be too heavy. Thinking that both of those would top the board, my brother said, 'Yeah, but just wait til they get the top spec gumpert in.'

He has a point as well, the one on the board is only the middle version.

:shifty: