The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Like every other episode? :S

As entertaining as Top Gear is to watch, every single bit of it is set up. I'm sure a race across the country would be extremely boring if nothing 'went wrong'.

True, but this time around is was so painfully obvious whereas it's not so during the series.

True, but this time around is was so painfully obvious whereas it's not so during the series.

Yep. I think the best 30 minutes of Top Gear was the britcar event since it was actually happening for real.

But like Anzo says, it would be a really boring show if nothing went wrong.

So we've just got to accept it's not really a factual program. How the hell did they get that award?

• 1 month later...
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear...ies-exclusive/#

Sound's like it could be good! Big race sounds interesting, as does the vs topgear.de. :D

Awesome, can't wait for you to be back. "We go to war, literally, with a German version of Top Gear (which incidentally means Sabine is back)"

D-Motor vs Top Gear? Oh yes, please, please!

BTW: As a German, I want more anti-Germany jokes from Clarkson, he's become too soft in the last shows...

the first commnet at the bottom of the page. lol at anti german jokes

• 5 months later...
It's back on the 2nd of November according to the Top Gear site.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008...ies-start-date/

Anyway, the upshot is that Top Gear was going to be back on 26 October but then there turned out to be some sport on or something and as a result the new series will now start on Sunday 2 November.

I knew I'd read the 26th somewhere. Gutted about that though! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Am I going to be stoned to death if I say that Top Gear's getting a bit crap and really getting stupid? It's gone beyond funny to just insanely obviously staged and annoying. Still entertaining I guess but just a bit, well... pants.

nah. my thoughts exactly. Also star in a reasonably priced car laps are becoming boring.

EDIT: Found that abit shit to be honest.

Edited by Tom_

No way were those trucks £5k each...

The car falling out, setting on fire, and... what happened to May's again? Was pretty obvious, still funny though!

The truck drifting looked fun.

im not so sure about james and hamsters being more than 5k but jezzas deffinatley was.

i also do believe that the micra did fall out, i was waiting for it to happen the whole time

the fire though was beffinatley bs

but in all the first half was epically funny, staged and scripted but not AS obvious as last series

i just hope they do more car tests which is what i enjoy most about the show, keep the challenges to 1 or 2 per series like they used to