The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

I thought this as well seeing as a clutch that looks identical on my car has been proven too suck at anything above 100bhp...l

I know its a different league but you'd expect paddle clutch at least.

The lambo was so just perfect. The noble was silly and the Mclaren was a work of art, seeing how they're made makes me very intrigued.

Remember nobles are built to be a road car, paddle clutchs are very on off, not very nice when your in traffic ect, so I should imagine that's the reason for the solid plate.

I'm willing to bet money that the reason it has a shit clutch is because it's the standard volvo clutch from the XC90.

What's a paddle clutch? I thought sportier cars generally had multi-plate wet clutches like what bikes have?

http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail2/250x250/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/2/22200-eg6-000_2.jpg

That is a paddle clutch.

Ceramic plates are grippy but i see what you mean they are very very harsh.

That f1 clutch may be tiny but look at how many plates it has, the surface area will be enormous.

Snor snor snor.

James' review was wank. If he wanted to prove that the Panda was a more fun car than the Corsa, why not do a road test? I believe him, but I would have loved to see a 0.8l Panda going sideways at 15mph on the way to work.

The film bit was rediculous. The humor felt so forced.

In fact, the only bit I laughed at properly through the whole episode, was James saying "Well there is a war on" about the Morgan.

"i cant stop killing children" made me lol, but other than that top gear is fast becoming one of the shitter things on television, due to the horrible forced comedy, don't know if its gotten more obvious or i'm getting more cynical in my old age. roll on grand designs!

Definitely becoming blatantly forced.