The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

The car didn't sustain any damage. That was definitely put in a ditch. What are the chances of a TV presenter really crashing a car in a programme which is known for staging everything. A million to one?

Average episode, the fact they have to make a hash of everything they do is getting boring. Can't wait for the Bolivia special, the Vietnam one was absolutely epic.

The car didn't sustain any damage. That was definitely put in a ditch. What are the chances of a TV presenter really crashing a car in a programme which is known for staging everything. A million to one?

Him crashing it was in the news when it happened, before the show was on air.

I also don't think the death road part was staged, or if it was, it was done very well. Very much looked like him driving it, very much looked like a big drop, and very much looked like he was totally bricking it...

Him crashing it was in the news when it happened, before the show was on air.

I also don't think the death road part was staged, or if it was, it was done very well. Very much looked like him driving it, very much looked like a big drop, and very much looked like he was totally bricking it...

I think you mistook that post for a comment on today's episode, in fact it's almost a week old :)

Haven't seen the special yet.

I don't honestly think he would put his life in danger like that. Plus it seemed to well filmed for a random meeting on the road.

Amazing episode though.

Misunderstood you Mark.

The special was incredibly good, it was so nice to see them actually not making fools of themselves all the time (for instance nobody falling off that log bridge or off the raft). And the variety of environments they went through was amazing. The dune was pretty scary, if they had got the cars sideways they'd probably at best end up in hospital. Unless they tilted the cameras and the hill wasn't that steep. What surprised me was that none of them wore seatbelts for that descent? What's the point of a roll cage then?