The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Depends on your driving environment, surely? I know people who live in Central London who have automatics just because of the regular 'stop start stop start' traffic - its just a lot easier, same with motorways too.

Personally, I'd rather have an automatic than a manual at the minute.

Yea, but I wouldnt choose a new dodge charger for pottering around London.

Depends on your driving environment, surely? I know people who live in Central London who have automatics just because of the regular 'stop start stop start' traffic - its just a lot easier, same with motorways too.

It took 2 feel on the brake of my clubman auto to stop it at the lights without taking it out of drive :lol:

Bit more on topic, this is the Corvette Clarkson drove. It's faster around the Ring than the GT-R :mellow:

Yeah, I'm fairly sure it's down to it essentially being made from carbon fibre and it's suspension system which "adjusts the dampers every 0.002 seconds to react to the changing road conditions."

The Finland bit was a major let-down, I assumed he'd be entering a rally in a rally car, but no, he went banger racing.

The Renault bit was quite funny, but how did they ever think it was going to work? They started with a front wheel drive car with a lot less power than the Evo.

The Finland bit was a major let-down, I assumed he'd be entering a rally in a rally car, but no, he went banger racing.

The Renault bit was quite funny, but how did they ever think it was going to work? They started with a front wheel drive car with a lot less power than the Evo.

they were nowhere close as soon as May spanked £3k on them brakes. which i thought was overkill for a car that didn't have that much power in the first place........

£9k...they probably could have stripped car out, suspension upgrade, brake upgrade thats not £3k! and probably swapped the engine or just whacked a turbo or something surely?

i thought it wasn't that bad of an episode.

steve